Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Ccs posted:

drat that's an intense page. I'm not very interesting in manga about dancing but the composition and energy here is stop notch. The Shonen Jump one also looks very high energy and fun, great style.

It's definitely worth a read for composition/art alone, even if you aren't interested in ballroom dancing. The art obviously ratchets up a notch for dramatic parts of competition, but it is excellent in general.

To add on what Brought To You By said, they both handle the balance between plot, character, and "teaching" of ballroom dance deftly, albeit in different ways. I like Ballroom e Youkoso a lot more, but they're both good reads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Pierson posted:

Is that the new one by the Assassination Classroom guy?

Yeah, The Elusive Samurai IIRC

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

helloooooo nurse! :pervert:

"wap wap" indeed.

Dandadan isn't quite a distillation of shounen excitement like Kaiju #8, but 25 chapters in it's managed to maintain a consistent tone and great pace while blending so many existing elements of the genre. It helps that, through some dark sorcery (and hopefully not overwork) the author manages like 2 incredible full page spreads each chapter. What a great fuckin read.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

very lone wolf and cub. Where's this from?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

The paneling is superb in general and the rate at which the author and his assistants crank out amazing 2 page spreads in incredible. You can reliably expect one, usually two every chapter.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Cainer posted:

This on the other hand is something I found just recently, rough exterior but drat is it ever charming. Little human girl exploring the demon realm with a traveling merchent.

Nicola Traveling Around the Demons' World

This is excellent

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Just binged the entirety of the series and it loving owns.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Put some respect on the creator of Marry Grave's name (Hidenori Yamaji).

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

Touge Oni
The story of a monk and two orphans living in ancient Japan alongside the beautiful, magnificent, and terrifying Kami. And their pilgrimage across Japan. Definitely a hidden gem and one of the best fantasy manga ongoing right now imo. Currently getting new chapters as the scanlation group only works with volume releases so be warned, if you pick this up you can only expect new chapters once a year. The story was also picked up by Yenpress with the first volume coming out in August :woop:

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

SpacePig posted:

It gets posted about a lot in here, so I'm linking it here. Humble Bundle with volumes 1-8 of Medalist, and a bunch of other good stuff. Goon affiliate link.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1760433398210789449?s=20

Can't speak for Nina and the Starry Bride or What Did You Eat Yesterday but all the others are BANGERS. Medalist is great. Shangri La Frontier is a well staked "we all take this VR game VERY SERIOUSLY" without any weird death implications or skeeviness like SAO. Blue Period is a great story about the struggles of entering formal art education. Witch Hat Atelier is a very whimsical school story in a world where magic is integrated and accepted but practicioners make an effort to safeguard its use, and they all have some of my favorite art for currently running manga.

EDIT: drops of god and Vinland saga too? Wow. I kind of liked Drops of God's TV adaptation better than the manga, but the manga is also very solid.