Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

I forget where this came from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo
Destroy All Humankind. They Cannot Be Regenerated

As someone that played/completed during the time they are playing, the author really knows what bullshit some MTG decks could do during the early days.

Mirage was fun in the story (players seeing and mentioning ProsBloom) but I knew when the story advanced to the time of Urzas Saga's release the broken stuff was going to be great.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 30, 2021

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

I. M. Gei posted:

I have only ever given a gently caress about Magic: The Gathering one time and that was when chickens played it on South Park.

I’d pay to watch chickens play card games in real life tho

poo poo man, you convinced me. entirely. good job.

calm down

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 31, 2021

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Kekai Sensen. It's about New York City becoming the mixing pot of Earth and the Underworld and beings having to deal .

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 2, 2021

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

The last part where the person is stopping the person from teleporting by holding them against the wall. Such a neat counter to teleporting people who are also out of it a bit. If you are too groggy to define what you want to teleport, how can you accurately focus enough to not bring a bunch of wall with you?

If they didn't define how teleporting works earlier in the title, this would have been confusing.

Only bringing this up because I'm a GM and definitely going to use this in an NPC mage who keeps teleporting/blinking away in my current campaign. He is not big enough to fudge the numbers to make him catchable (just a pissed off ex-party member) but he has been knocked to the ground enough to make this a possibility.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Sakamoto Days

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Magic and Muscle. It is literally the meme of "I cast Fist" in manga form.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
are.. are you all arguing how a tennis ball ends up cut by a racket and not how a racket even cuts a tennis ball?

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 3, 2021

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Kekki Sensen.

Love the feeling and setting of the anime and manga.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Zodack posted:

what did I just read

post-modern Mr. Sparkle commerical.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

:gbsmith:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Sakamoto Days

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Ride-On King crossover looking pretty cool

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

I found my favorite female character recently in Fable

This just came out of nowhere

Plus Fable has a caique parrot and the creator really understands how those parrots act in real life . They are just bozos that will literally tumble, stomp, and roll all over thing because it's fun!

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
March 2019

March 2020

March 2021

March 2022

The title is "A Manga World That Gets One Page Once a Year". I just posted every single chapter just now. See ya next March!

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Yakuza Reincarnation

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Shangri La - Use hammer to nail giant swords

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 3, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

SexyBlindfold posted:

No that second one looks like the horny guillotine manga

:yikes:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

The Gentle Younger Boyfriend Who Keeps Pestering You About Finishing Sekiro

It's a one shot so not long

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Darth TNT posted:

Hey, if he’s making you dinner then you should at least hear him out.

what if the hamster... doesn't give you any?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Ragna Crimson.

It's getting an anime this Fall and the story is wild.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Doc Hawkins posted:

it starts wild and keeps topping itself. reminds me of a less funny, more shonen-y Helck, maybe?

It is never as fun as Helck where the two main characters like traveling together. It is a very bad place the world is in and they are staying close because they see each other as requirements and not friends. It is not to say there are moments that are funny as hell (the reason why a certain girl falls in love if you are that far)

I cannot even call it shonen in a way. Ragna has everything he needs in the beginning and it is mainly Crimson trying to figure out how to apply those skills correctly. Typing that out I am considering I am more into the Crimson doing that type of stuff knowing when it is enacted Ragna is going to do some crazy poo poo.

quote:

The art can get indecipherable sometimes.

As I get older I am starting to appreciate "indecipherable" attacks since it leaves you in the moment of being some regular joe shmoe who is looking at this poo poo and seeing only "indecipherable" movement. I get the feeling and general nature of what's going on, but do I need to see every detail to get it? Nah. Impressionist painting would not exist if the requirement of super detailed was enforced. also the fact I am finding myself reading more manhua than manga nowadays

Also thanks to the people that recommended Witch Hat. It's tops.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 26, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
From the manhua "Mage Again". A powerful mage that is a person that was Isekai'd from a reality where birds are sentient. plus it's a cute as heck borb type bird.

omg I just realized it's wearing tiny ear muffs in the second one:gerty:

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 28, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Look up what a koala brain looks like and it is the very definition of "smooth brain". Looks like a partially deflated grape.

That's what makes them very dim creatures and are not cute unless it's the type of cute you sometimes associate with pity.

https://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/sciencecommunication/2017/09/17/koalas-not-the-smartest-tool-in-the-shed/ posted:

Koalas have a 'smooth' brain. This means that they lack higher level recognition and understanding that many other animals have. If you gather a bunch of Eucalyptus leaves, which the koalas eat, and put them on a plate in front of the koala, the koala won't know what to do with them; they just sit there and gawk at it.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 6, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Baki Gaiden: Scarface

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 6, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

verbal enema posted:

Wait what which baki is that

Baki Gaiden: Scarface

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

While I appreciate the absolute poo poo of this tiny manga, I wonder if it might've been better posted in the romance thread?

it could have been posted in both, but it's more funny than romancy.

up to the poster.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Yeah, that's fair - that's why I postfixed my comment with a questionmark; to indicate that it wasn't meant to be some sort of dictate, and more of an opinion.

To let you know, sometimes posting the same thing to multiple threads is a good sort of cross-pollination. Like the Dall-E/AI thread and the PYF Procedurally Generated Art thread build off of each other quite well now. Same thing with the romance thread and this thread. A romance moment could also be a good panel that a more general audience could appreciate.

As an aside about the postfix, I've been posting for so long that I take the "?" after a suggestion like Lumberg telling Milton in Office Space a loaded question. "Do you think you can move your desk?" sort of thing. It's a mind bug of mine.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

From The World's Best Engineer

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 10, 2022

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Sakamoto Days

Kengen Omega

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
(hero with sword is facing opponent who is bragging about being able to use ice clones of a powerful mage named Elfi)

Wistoria's Wand and Sword

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Darth TNT posted:

Marriage toxin.

I thought this was a Minsc and Boo reference since I first took the blushing as face tattoo for some reason

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Jerkface posted:

witch hat atelier

I love when artists break the panel 4th wall this is a blood leech that drank magic ink and is rampaging so much it has gone beyond the bounds of the comic paneling

Reminds me of the slime mold that makes efficient paths which turn into real train systems.

Ousama Ranking

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

I agree, paper straws .....suck! :thesperg:

With what Hasbro has leaked of the new DnD license, this manga needs to stay off the radar.

Or make under 750k USD per year.

I mean, the previous page does show a definite Mind Flayer Spelljammer ship. :crossarms:

Gyaru And Cthulhu

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 8, 2023

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Nemo2342 posted:

A cursory googling says that "Illithid" is copyrighted but suggests that "Mind Flayer" and the concept of "octopus-faced being who eats brains" are not and exist in works prior to D&D making them free to use.

The combination of the "octopus-faced being who eats brains" with them sitting in space in a "Nautiloid" space ship from a 2nd D&D expansion called "Spelljammer" makes it very difficult to suggest the mind flayers are generic "octopus-faced being who eats brains".

the previous page

The new license would not actually matter because the OGL is only if you make content specifically for RPGs. If WOTC wanted to do anything to this manga/publisher it would have to be through copyright infringement and they would have to bring it to trial in another country which would be difficult.

If this manga was officially published in the US, though, it would either have to be edited (like changing all the names of the Jojo Stands from band/song names to random that sound similar) because suing an American publisher is much easier.

quote:

That being said though, FF Mind Flayers don't seem to mention any brain eating (though they do have physic attacks generally) which gives them an extra bit of distance away from D&D's Illithids.

~1990 D&D was owned by TSR and they were not really looking at video games when the first FF came in the US when there were already two sequels for FF. TSR was in a bad, lovely, spot financial wise and could only have so much on their plate. But the illithid is now a "product identity " and is owned by WoTC. As in if you show a "octopus-faced being who eats brains" in regal, complex robes you cannot say it was a new novel thing.

Now if you put the "octopus-faced being who eats brains" in a suit of armor or something else as a parody, then it would be no problem.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Oh jeez, this inseki manga

Hiroyuki: Invincible Pundit In Another World

His cheat ability?

How he "attacks" is sitting down and looking like that rear end in a top hat that sits in Starbucks "arguing"

He needs to use the device given to him by the god to activate the ability but he dropped and forgot about it.

I would post more "Gyaru And Cthulhu" but it would be just about every page because its just great :shobon:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, TWWTUHM is one of the better isekai I'm following. The mc has a real feeling of earning his stupid strength rather than it just being handed to him.

I like these three pages got me seriously hooked into the story. And they are all in chapter 2.

... later...

...later...

He knows he's not a "Hero" so he doesn't want to hold his two friends back at all. He doesn't know or even when they confide in him they don't feel like heroes (they are bringing it because the MC does amazing stuff) he comforts them by being the friend he always was.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
The explanation of how a 15 25 year old game should not be spoiled is quite something!

Especially since Remake is counting on you to recognize that big bad Sephiroth is demonstrating knowledge of events from the previous version of FF7 and why you need to beat those CRAAAAAAZY TIME GHOSTS 👻

In summary: Stand back but y'all need to see this page of this kid named Rock Lee dropping his weights.... :bustem:

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 23, 2023