Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

what did I just read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It was all fun and games until the Class Pres got introduced and it flew off the rails as hard as possible and then tried to neatly re-land and turn back to normal in Chapter 10. I have to wonder if there's some backstory to that

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

I. M. Gei posted:

100 Girlfriends is amazing and chock full of great gags, but I do wish the American girl would either go away or ease up a lot on the stereotyped dialog. It's super grating to me and she always lays it on way too thick. Although I'm from Texas and have traveled around the South a lot, and so I've spent tons of time around people who actually talk that way in real life, so I may be more sensitive to it than most.

iirc her dialogue as it presents in the translation is almost entirely on the part of the translators, as literally translating her proved too difficult. I think they have translation notes in her introduction chapter about that.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Can't believe I actually read this thinking it wouldn't be exactly what it was

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I wonder if things like this would be helped by Mangadex having more specific tags. I kind of good-faithed it and figured it might be a comedy. At least it was short and the ending didn't twist the knife.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

This is an excellent manga and I hope these panels rope more people into reading it, but I can't help but feel a bit sad as this is the most built up, fist-pumping spread that takes so many chapters to develop it's almost a shame to spoil it

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Because they're from the most recent chapter. I've been spoiled in recent releases here before, so I can appreciate someone spoilering images day-of

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
The chapter rocked but maybe don't post the unspoiled final shot of the most recent chapter that released less than an hour ago? It's not a huge spoiler exactly but I'm glad I read the chapter before coming to this thread.

That being said, the more people who get roped into reading Dandadan the better.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah sorry, I meant to spoiler tag it and forgot while typing out DANDADAN over and over again

This is an incredibly valid reason, carry on

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Nemo2342 posted:

I hadn't heard of the series before this, but now I'm going to give myself a sugar rush by bingeing it.

Same, binged it all today and I love these weird goblins

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

There's only 4 chapters currently scanlated, might as well hop in and check it out. It's getting licensed and the first volume will hit store shelves in English in november, as well.

The current scanlation for whatever reason doesn't translate the Japanese subtitles for the aliens when they're speaking, which seemed like an odd choice. Fingers crossed for the official release

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Sumigahara Haseo posted:

The alien speech bubbles are in English in a weird font

Huh, seriously? They're incomprehensible to me for the most part (I can see now a few of them are words), and not all of the Japanese subtitle are accompanied by speech bubbles. The first several pages of the most recent chapter are either PA chatter or radio chatter that is purely in Japanese subtitle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Thank you for posting this, I just binged what they've got an got a pretty good chuckle out of some of the in-jokes.

The "every wedensday water materials" quest is too real as someone who used to play PAD and then they had of all things a Plesioth hip check reference in the same chapter