Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Found this thread through the leper's colony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Well, I never had this in my life. but now I do

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I actually liked Howl's for its spectacle building. Anime's escapist fantasy, yo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vonnie posted:

It does in Japan.

Google says they abolished the statute in 2010.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

He's way too young to be able to do that.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

I. M. Gei posted:

That IS the Dog N-word comic

I've now deleted the last hour of my search history after looking for that.

Even in a fever dream, I have no idea why they continued after the first page of that spicy turd

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Mods are like referees making calls in a game, not judges interpreting a law. Sometimes they just make BS calls for whatever they fancy. It's always been that way.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
nm

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Which piece has the z axis cut? Some of the are falling, so it might look that way.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

EVIL Gibson posted:

are.. are you all arguing how a tennis ball ends up cut by a racket and not how a racket even cuts a tennis ball?

It goes really fast. Duh.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can CLEARLY see the speedlines.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

I. M. Gei posted:

There is apparently a Mega Man SoL manga, in which all of the robots have stopped fighting and try to integrate into human society, while also coming to terms with the fact that they're all past their prime and feeling like their lives are boring and meaningless, which is some extremely Real Spit.

This was the manga I needed in 4th grade.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How many games of mtg have i won with a 1/1 green flying creature and giant growths or the 2/2 black flying creature with random discard ability.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's over? I followed it until the translator I was using dropped it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
spot the main character

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The carrot turned pipe seems like a last minute idea

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't think those anime guys know anatomy very well

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

i kind of like that for a cold war esque story spy x family really loves to hit the 'patriotism is the enemy' vibe a lot.

Spy X Family is more anti-war than anything else. Blind patriotism as a reason for war sort of fits the narrative of contemporary Japan, and how it's passed down in the education system.

Can't have a Doraemon solution of everyone talking to each other and reaching a consensus if one side is just being unreasonable and thinking they're the greatest.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Brought To You By posted:

Actually, I'd really recommend Keyman.

Thanks, I'll look into this. It helps that the manga is over, so you can read the whole thing.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Indecipherable means I can't tell what they're trying to do in the panel.

This is usually because the panel is way too small for what they're trying to display.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Brought To You By posted:

I don't want him anywhere near them no matter what.

LOL

This is the kind of story we think about and then immediately dismiss and do not make

I salute the author for adding the amount of terrible into the world

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

You’re in here with us, larry

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

if I could get one thing from sharks it would be the ability to rip out my teeth and have new ones rotate into place, because human teeth suck

Soooooo much cheaper.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

considering i was born in 1995

Can we queue up a courtesy ban for Larry? Not punitive, it's for his own drat good.

e:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

What if our grocery stores were America sized :ohdear:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nemo2342 posted:

I meant that more in regards to how FF still got to use them. This manga, as pointed out, is using so much of the material around them that even going "well we didn't /call/ them illithids" might not hold up if Wizard's wanted to go to court.

They're even using the clothing designed by D&D artists including the massively flared collars. They're D&D Illithid. Assuming WotC cares about any of this is also a big given.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Last time I used my local library was when I discovered they had manga.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lol. If you want to see a callback, please refer to my previous work

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ZeusCannon posted:

I swear i read something once where the artist had just given up and every horse had the dumbest fuckin faces and bodies but no one acknowledged it.

Rumiko Takahashi? All of her horses all had very comedically overblown expressions because she couldn't draw them "neutrally". Later she got an assistant to draw them.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Reiche posted:

Every Megalixir in every Final Fantasy I’ve played :negative:

:same:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

doomrider7 posted:

How to get your GF to take a bath

She's just Anne from management.

Helck just always delivers.

Early Helck was so great

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ElBrak posted:

Are you even human if you don't once in a while think. "What would Big Boss do in this setting?" while reading a manga or a book or whilst playing a video game.

It's been over 20 years and I still hear the exclamation sound when something surprising happens.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

what manga is this?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Thank you

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Terry van Feleday posted: