Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Thought he was going to lay down in the alley and die at the end there for a bit. Spent all his energy on that final performance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm curious to find out what the gently caress the deal with the aliens is. What do they send people to school lol. Like I assume it's something insidious, but I have no idea what.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Houkago Kitaku Biyori.

As someone who read Gantz, I actually find it pretty cathartic. You see this impeccably Oku-esque art and these creepy alien designs and this formless dread opens up in the pit of your stomach. Then a child walks through a wall because she runs on gag manga physics and you go, ah, everything's going to be alright.

I look forward to the creepy aliens just being helpless against these invulnerable children with Super-man strength.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

where the red fern gropes posted:

Oh thanks for explaining, I don't read gag manga so the reason why they could do that completely escaped me. It makes the genre juxtaposition even more interesting because it's being played completely straight

It's strongly implied that it's less due to "gag manga rules" and more just "being a cartoon." As the boys explain in the earlier chapter, the realistic world feels like it's just "less solid" to them.

Like instead of being flesh and blood, they're just a perfectly solid object that is infinitely dense, only without the associated weight. And physical laws barely act on them.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Glazius posted:

delinquents don't care about your weapon triangle

I think that the joke is that, despite punching and kicking, they were actually mages and had the class advantage (which is why there was fire around their punches/kicks).