Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Old 80's Conan the Barbarian style film.
A hero is tied upside down above a spike pit, and the rope is set on fire. Its some sort of test I think.
The hero escapes (I think the hero is a woman here, cant remember).
Someone is dangled up before the hero, and he fails the 'test' and you see him in the spike pit with spikes coming out of his chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I saw a movie when I was young that ended with two characters arguing about how to end the movie. One keeps bringing up popular endings to other movies they could ape, only to be shot down by the second character who says stuff like "Casablanca did it," or whatever movie. And in the end, one of them suggests, "what if we just duck out of the frame and crawl away?" And they do. And the movie ends.

Anybody know it?

One of the Cannonball Runs?
Makes me think of Capt Chaos just talking like this.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Corona virus related!

What sci-fi movie has the people in it get disinfected by burning the top layers of their skin?

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 14, 2020

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Thanks!
I remembered the scene, just not the film it was in.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Dr Christmas posted:

Something I saw in the 90s on network TV (Sci-fi? USA? TNT?) scared the hell out of kid me. It may have been a show and not a movie.

A woman was sobbing about her hair falling out. Cut to what appeared to be black goo eating through someone's hands. Sound familiar?

Dark Skies?
An Xfiles show that was set in the 60s.
I think the black goo was a mind control thing, cant remember.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

value-brand cereal posted:

A long time ago there was a thread in GBS that was about posting scary videos for Halloween. Might've been in the 2008? One person posted a movie that was uploaded to google videos, might have been copyrighted or so old that mods didn't catch it, or care about it.

It was a movie from the late 80s or 90s, maybe? It was definitely low budget, no one famous or would become famous starred in it. It was set mainly in a house, I think, and the initial plot was that it was haunted by ghosts. The white family living there asked a news crew or amateur film crew to come by and see if they could capture anything. They had set up cameras, or had a crew of camera operators following the family members around since this was before widely available small security cams, and I think one person may have been narrating it?

Anyways, weird things were going on a la horror movies such as scary sounds, suddenly locked doors, things in the window, and as the night progressed I think family members were either disappearing, or going crazy. At the end of the movie it turns out it was actually aliens, and the youngest family member, a child, walked out of the house up to where a blue ufo or glowing lights beyond the horizon. They may have been the last person left of the family, besides the camera crew.

Does this sound remotely familiar to anyone?

Ghostwatch? Was a BBC one off show in the 90s about a haunted house.
Sounds like what you are saying, apart from the end.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
You know, Poltergeist fits the description I just realized. The ending has a 'ufo' point of light.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

ilmucche posted:

So there's a movie I saw that I think takes place in a future dystopia kind of thing. The only scene I can remember is the main character (who I think is a cop?) goes to visit a gangster who has used his debtors as living statues. He has them all in hosed paralysis but with wires connected to their nerves and stuff so he can torture them. I think at the end of the movie the gangster dies but I'm not sure on that.

Sorry I don't have more to go on, it's a weird scene that came into my head and I'm curious what movie it's from.

Bladerunner 2049 has the bad guy with moving body statues all around the place. But prob not this.

Mooseontheloose posted:

When I was younger, I was watching WNDS (a ind. New Hampshire station) that used to show all sorts of movies and this looked like a 70s or 80s movie, I am guessing horror. It was two military guys who are in a cave or in the jungle trying to find their way out and they are arguing they are going in circles, one of the guys says that he has been dropping ammo as a maker and they've come back and pulls a bullet out of the ground. I've never been able to find out what this movie is!

Makes me think I saw this being mentioned on a RLM Best of the Worst episode. But cant remember which one.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Hasturtium posted:

So back in the days of video stores - hell, this must have been a quarter century ago, maybe longer - there was one store in my hometown whose employees didn't give a poo poo about playing whatever they wanted behind the counter. Horror, tits 'n' rear end comedy, John Waters movies, whatever they wanted, it was there. But one day they were playing a horror movie, and the image of someone's head exploding or falling off in the rain, possibly in slow motion, while someone looked on in horror, has never left me, and I have no idea what movie they were playing. Does anybody have a clue?

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf1O0qoXN1Y

Beware beheading shown.

Its the Omen 1.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Torquemada posted:

Looking for a vaguely anarchic parody comedy from the 80’s about a high-school reunion menaced by a serial killer. Had a kind of ‘Porky’s’ vibe to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Q3fWpsfBg

Slaughter High?
Not much of a comedy but fits the rest.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Pilchenstein posted:

Film 2: A henchman responds to something unfortunate happening with "poo poo on me!".

The Crow?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdev4-Oa7io

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

gey muckle mowser posted:

Three Men and a Baby, sort of? Not as super macho as the others but it's the same basic premise.

How about Overboard, came out same year.
Kurt Russell takes care of a few kids by himself.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I remember seeing some campy horror/scifi/comedy thing years ago from probably the 80s about a weird alien monster that would jump out of tvs. In the end it turned out to be some other aliens pet.

Almost Blue posted:

Terror Vision maybe?

Definitely sounds like Terrorvision. loving love that movie. So weirdly acted.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Here's an obscure one.
Friend wants to find a film from Golden Harvest, asian film company.
Its from the 70s, sent in the 70s, and it has a woman playing a man.
Thats all he remembers atm, will add more if he remembers anything else.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Sorry, not that. He says its an old style kung fu movie.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Thanks, he found it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071316/

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Have one for you.
Recent movie, last few years I think.
Set in a US rural town.
Female lead, she's hunted by a group, possibly the whole town.
And she is a John Wick style killer herself.

Once scene has her 'friend' that is helping her get outted as being in on the plot to get her over a walkie talkie.

Edit: gently caress found it literally a minute after posting this. The Hunt with Hillary Swank and Emma Roberts

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 3, 2020

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Beachcomber posted:

Ok, I don't have a lot to go on, but my wife remembers feeling sick with horror from this movie, and we really want to find it.

1. She remembers it being black and white.
2. She watched it at home sometime before 2002
3. She remembers something like a glass cabin with a staircase inside. I don't know wtf either.
4. It's a horror or thriller that's intense psychological horror. No gore.
Edit: 5. She remembers it being an old movie.

It might not be in b&w, because her memory is not the best.

Thank you.

There's an MST3K episode called 'Tormented', s4ep14, its a psychological horror from the 50s and has a lighthouse with a some staircase shots inside.
Maybe a stretch but sounds like the glass cabin could be the top of the lighthouse.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
There is a movie called 'Your Mother Wears Combat Boots' made in 1989.
Maybe those scenes are in it. Cant seem to find a full version of it on YT.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Good find and memory to you both!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

GreatGreen posted:

The first movie/show/story felt like a black and white movie that had been colorized, or maybe was just shot in early color. Maybe from the 60's or 70's. The idea was that it was a monster movie where some tall ugly monster was resurrected and lumbered toward or stalked somebody throughout the film, and throughout the film, the camera would flash back and fourth to what was going on with the main character and the point of view of the slowly lurking monster. You could tell when the camera was showing the monster's point of view because the view looked like it was shot inside the monster's grotesque skull. Like there were two eye holes the viewer could see through, and inside the skull you could see blood dripping and all kinds of stuff.

Incredible Melting Man?

Was a MST3K ep, heres the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWALN1cRFWM

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
The brilliant Nero Wolfe TV series from 2000s might have used this, it usually has differing opening music per episode.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Spatulater bro! posted:

When I was young, probably ~8 years old, there was an advertisement for a movie on the USA network. I remember only one specific thing from the ad, but I've thought about it my whole life and I'd love to find what movie it was or watch the ad again. Here's all I've got:

Narrator says, "They say it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. It is!" As he says this we see a bride's reflection in a mirror. We just see her midsection. She brings her hand up and touches her wedding dress, revealing that her hand is a gnarly monster hand.

Reanimator 2?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Spatulater bro! posted:

Nah, this would have been something not nearly as cool as Bride of Reanimator. It was probably even made-for-TV.

There's a UK comedy show called League of Gentlemen, where they have this 'monster' child upstairs and try to get it married off.
I don't think they showed the monster in any way, but the other person was in a wedding dress. Maybe it was showing both at once.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Davros1 posted:

A character grudgingly says "Doesn't matter. Still counts." after getting shown up.

This feels like it could be in like 20 Brooklyn Nine Nine episodes.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

MisterFister posted:

Anybody remember a super low budget sci-fi/horror movie from a few years ago where I think a guy takes a drug and starts running from something and reality starts getting hosed up as he does? This one is driving me crazy because I am starting to think I made it up.

Hardcore Henry?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
:aaa: TIL there's a Scanners 2 and Scanners 3, and are so bad they should have been on MST3000.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
House on Haunted Hill 1959 version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9RedbhV8Pc&t=1085s

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

rodbeard posted:

I found it and watched it on youtube tonight. that was certainly an experience.

Same. Love the Terrorvision vibe from it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
For a friend:

A TV show or movie, where some killer or spy or soldier left their old life behind or had their memory erased. They build a new life as (gardener/chef/tailor/family man) but then they go into a coma or have their memories returned.

Their friends ask them if they are ok and they say, "I was having a dream, but it's over now." The friends say, "What was it about?" and they reply, "I dreamed I was a (gardener/chef/tailor/family man)."

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Ape Agitator posted:

Slight Nowhere Man vibes from this

Alas not this.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Ichi the Killer has a tongue cut out scene, with blinds, neon colors, but they were all asian.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Pilchenstein posted:

Basically nothing to go on here but: someone is holding an old (like 80s/90s) rotary phone (both parts, not just the receiver) and they make a show of pulling the cable free of the furniture so they can move around with it.

Roseanne had the phone on the wall, where the joke was sometimes that the cord was wrapped around things or other people.
But could be a lot of films.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Sirotan posted:

This is for a TV show so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it but it's going to drive me crazy if I don't ask somewhere.

I swear this is from some '90s show, it's an episode several seasons in possibly a season finale episode. These two characters are somewhere in the woods or maybe just a wooded backyard (like filmed in Vancouver vibes), one is kind of a mentor character and the other is his student who at the beginning of the series was a fresh faced kid and now after a couple seasons has turned into kind of a angry aggressive rear end in a top hat/frenemy of his old teacher. They get into a fight and his teacher ends up killing him even though he doesn't want to. I also seen to remember feeling like the show really declined in quality once they killed off this character, and it lasted for only one more session after this episode and then was cancelled.

For some reason I've had this vague recollection in my mind for decades and up until 5 minutes ago I was sure it was from the last episode in season 5 of the Highlander TV series. Now that I've watched this episode again, I'm not sure I even made it this far in the series my first time around and have absolutely no idea what show I might be remembering!

Didn't they do something similar in Dark Skies, the X Files a like but set in the 60s.
Long time since I saw it and forget how it ends, could be totally wrong. But I seem to remember the fresh face kid goes evil near the end.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

donquixotic posted:

Okay now here's my question. Somebody emphatically says "that BLANK is impossible". I'm not thinking of the scene in The Mask where Jim Carrey says "that's impossible" and the detective replies "those pyjamas are impossible".

Star Wars A New Hope, that scene where the rebel pilot says 'That's impossible' and Luke says about hitting womp rats back home.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

donquixotic posted:

I still think it was that blank is impossible rather than that's impossible

Homer Simpson says "That shot is impossible! Jack Nicholson himself couldn't make it!"
Dead Putting Society episode.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Okay I have almost no information on this one, but I've been trying to remember it for years and want to reference it to someone. It's a movie or show and someone is doing the slow prance, sneaking around.

At some point it's revealed that people can see them sneaking around, but they keep doing it to the confusion of those watching.

That's bound to be in a Scooby Doo cartoon as well.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

CPL593H posted:

Okay so this is a crazy rear end one and it's a music video and not a movie. So anyway it's a video for a song by a French synthpop band about this lady who is a serial killer that seduces men and kills them in comically graphic ways that are very Evil Dead 2ish. It's a whole horror comedy thing and meant to look like the 80s. At the beginning of the video she cuts off a dude's ballsack and then kills his friend by throwing the ballsack in his mouth. It ends with her looking very excited about being attacked by the zombies of all the men she killed.

Oh and also, I saw it before Knife + Heart in a theater. I have no idea if that was just a thing the specific theater did or if it was in a bunch of places. It's the Brattle in Cambridge, MA. Knife + Heart was part of an LGBTQ film fest they do every year.

Thought it was Odezenne for a moment, a great French band that have a few styles, they have some sexual videos.
Is yours live action or cartoon?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

CaptainN posted:

Here's one I've been trying to remember for the past 20 years....or it may have been a dream I had as a kid.

Can't remember the plot, but there's a scene where there is a character with a bow sling on his back, and at one point he fires off one bow after another very quickly, where his arm is a blur as he's pulling out the arrows and firing them off.
The character may have been a robot, or someone in a powered suit? Bit like a slimmed Iron-Man?
Live action, came out no later than 1990, would likely have been a U/PG/PG-13

Feels like maybe some live-action Manga?

Doesn't the Ranger from the Dungeons & Dragons do this a lot with this bow?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mZEjmvCaEM

Rodimus Prime, a 'slimmed Iron Man', has a bow weapon. Could be the Transformer movie?

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Deadly Encounter?

From the IMDB page here https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424939/reviews

"Restaurant hostess and mom Joanne Sanders has to work late one night. After she leaves the restaurant she accidently cuts a car off on the highway. This driver takes it personally and he begins to stalk and harrass Joanne."