Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Strategic Tea posted:

I mean presumably not the same cloth that was actually made in NK? :ohdear:

what does your fjart tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
There’s no loving way “G-1000 Eco” is Juche fibre; isn’t it supposed to be part cotton?

Oh poo poo Sweden has an NK embassy :gonk:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sweden's embassy is a backdoor embassy for much of the west.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah, Sweden and Switzerland do a lot of that sort of thing with their neutrality. Though now that Sweden joined NATO I wonder if they're not going to be able to anymore.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Vinylon is still made in Japan, where it's used for work outerwear. Aprons, coveralls, gloves, that type of thing. I'm sure that's where the swedes get it.

(Seems like it'd actually be pretty good for that, since it's durable, doesn't stain, and is less warm than natural fibers. Who cares if your apron is stiff and scratchy.)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Shumagorath posted:

There’s no loving way “G-1000 Eco” is Juche fibre; isn’t it supposed to be part cotton?

Nah, just the Kånken backpacks

quote:

Kånken wouldn’t be Kånken without Vinylon F. This synthetic fibre has been used to make the classic everyday backpack (and our Kajka trekking backpack, too) since the beginning, and its durability is clearly proven.

Despite being a man-made fabric it functions like one created by nature. When Vinylon F fibres become damp they swell, making the weave tighter. So they resist rain showers without the need of a coating.

They claim that it's made in Japan, but we all know that it's Juche fiber smuggled in by North Korean fishing boats.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

has anyone said "the juche is loose" recently

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
korean orthography is completely unambiguous w/ pronounciation and you don't pronounce it like that

it just means "philosophical subject", intended to be hegelian. think napoleon bein the world spirit on horseback at jena

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

bob dobbs is dead posted:

korean orthography is completely unambiguous w/ pronounciation and you don't pronounce it like that

Wait - how do you pronounce 'loose' exactly? :raise:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

keeping it loosey juche

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Gin and juche reception at the Stockholm embassy

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Juche Libre

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Klyith posted:

Juche Libre

Lol

Is wrestling a thing in south Korea like it is in japan?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
No because wrestling is not controlled by the several companies that Koreans are only allowed to buy from etc.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Kharnifex posted:

No because wrestling is not controlled by the several companies that Koreans are only allowed to buy from etc.

Is that why the Bibigo company is making Kdramas?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Are the Kdramas for local consumption or corruption of the rest of the planet?

Someone save my mum from Kdramas.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Klyith posted:

Juche Libre

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Kharnifex posted:

Are the Kdramas for local consumption or corruption of the rest of the planet?

Someone save my mum from Kdramas.

Local consumption

The planetary corruption is just an added benefit

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
my years of being subject to hk drama allows me to spoil plot points of kdramas without even watching

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

thetoughestbean posted:

Local consumption

The planetary corruption is just an added benefit

Every five minutes an actor pans to the camera grinning, holding a new food product

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Mons Hubris posted:

Is that why the Bibigo company is making Kdramas?

chaeiljaedang started off as samsung's main sugar business and therefore has a mandate to do literally everything in consumer discretionary

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

bob dobbs is dead posted:

it just means "philosophical subject", intended to be hegelian. think napoleon bein the world spirit on horseback at jena

The most obnoxious 'how to pronounce ' I've ever found on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGV8uoG9OkA

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
that video's wrong, too. the first consonant is half-aspirated palate consonant and the second is fully aspirated palate consonant. so the second consonant is pronounced pretty close to the normal way that ch is pronounced in english and the first consonant doesnt exist in english

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiceless_alveolo-palatal_affricate

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 22, 2024

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
JOO-chay

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Confirmed, Joo-chay.

Also, gas and water meters running nonstop when people aren't even using their utilities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBTCOI8ozlc&t=304s

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

23 Chinese swimmers tested positive for TMZ before the Tokyo Olympics, the same substance that the Russian skater popped before Bejing. The Tokyo positive results weren't shared with anyone by the anti doping agency with claims that it was impossible to prove with covid restrictions in place, and now there's a shitstorm.

https://www.npr.org/2024/04/22/1246205969/china-swimming-doping-scandal-olympics

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
So, competing while on the juice is fine if you say it was an accident?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Not believing it was an accident hurts the feelings of the chinese people.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Substance bans are a meme. It has just led to an arms race of athletes jumping from one cutting edge synthesized drug to another. Just start letting people take the loving tren so we can start seeing the real limits of human performance

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Substance bans are a meme. It has just led to an arms race of athletes jumping from one cutting edge synthesized drug to another. Just start letting people take the loving tren so we can start seeing the real limits of human performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAdG-iTilWU

Checks out.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/24/us/xiaolei-wu-prison-china-democracy-intl-latam/index.html

How many feelings did this hurt?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Gaius Marius posted:

I used to think this but consider the people who generally participate in athletics, children and adolescents. They're already put through a meat grinder when training, no need to incentivise pumping them full of drugs and hormones.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I'm wondering if this is a guy on the ccp payroll or just someone who went all in on the party line.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
all the previous extraterritorial cops were like 50, so probably a nutjob patriot

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Tarkus posted:

I used to think this but consider the people who generally participate in athletics, children and adolescents. They're already put through a meat grinder when training, no need to incentivise pumping them full of drugs and hormones.

I also assume there's a safety difference between an amount that's at least somewhat difficult to detect and trying to hit the limit of chemicals you can take before your heart explodes.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Tarkus posted:

Sim but when we had to ban that one roid freak from SA and I don't think we need more athletes acting like him

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Waste of Breath posted:

Sim but when we had to ban that one roid freak from SA and I don't think we need more athletes acting like him
Is there an SAcolpedia or sagas post about this guy?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
look at the lepers colony entry for moist von lipwig

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

look at the lepers colony entry for moist von lipwig

Looks like he... played a Necromancer in Diablo 3? Pretty cringe I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
oh they edited the rap sheet, nm