Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

they're only worth it for the munchie meals and woe to them if they get rid of the chicken tater melt, luckily my local place is still giving away sauce packets for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

now that they took away instant coupons my 8 tacos for $3.25 has turned into 6 tacos for $3.25. thanks brandon

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I didn't even know they had an app I've been paying full (nighttime) price for Munchie Meals all this time.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the coupons were awesome because of a two-tier way they set them up; they let you double-dip pretty often

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
had a sourdough jack combo today w/ curl fries & 2 tacos very good

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

jack in the box has the best jalapeno poppers

----------------

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Just wanted to pop into this thread to say that i got some tacos and they threw approximately one thousand taco sauce packets into my bag, and also an equal amount of ketchup for some reason.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rahu posted:

Just wanted to pop into this thread to say that i got some tacos and they threw approximately one thousand taco sauce packets into my bag, and also an equal amount of ketchup for some reason.

That reminds me months ago I got some Jack in the Box tacos going through the drive through and at the window they asked me if I wanted ketchup and I was super confused. I told my friend and she said "some people put ketchup on tacos" and it felt like one of those body snatcher sci-fi movies where an alien had taken over the body of the person at the window and my friend and were trying to approximate what they thought humans do when they get fast food.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah latelyy they are almost Taco Bell level of hoisting sauce upon me.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
when is jack in the box going to finally attempt a mcrib clone?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

TelevisedInsanity posted:

when is jack in the box going to finally attempt a mcrib clone?

On one hand, Jack has always sort of done their own thing as opposed to going the copycat route many of the chains do. On the other hand, Jack has some of the biggest variety for a fast-food place, so it's almost surprising that they don't have some sort of pork sandwich now that you say it.

My friend always said if he could only eat at once fast-food place for the rest of his life, it would probably be Jack, just because of the diversity of the menu. They may not do anything the best, but they do a lot of things well enough. You want a burger and fries? Okay. A few types of chicken sandwiches? Sure. Some weird excuse for tacos that are strangely enjoyably unique? Yup. Teriyaki bowl? It's not amazing, but it's there, and have some egg rolls while you're at it. Potato wedges, jalapeno poppers, curly fries and more if you are going for appetizer type stuff is all there. The shakes are pretty good too.

I could go on, but my friend makes a valid point, and I feel like I have to agree. It's not everything, but for the most part Jack has you covered, but yeah no pork sandwich, but then again most fast-food places don't have one either. If you just want the most options, Jack does a pretty good job at it compared to most places.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'll go along with that. they even have big salads which is increasingly rare. they held the breakfast bagel sandwiches longer than mcdonalds too but doesn't look like they're currently on offer. the egg rolls are surprisingly decent

----------------

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I just tried the egg rolls and dang, that's a tasty egg roll.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Rahu posted:

I just tried the egg rolls and dang, that's a tasty egg roll.

Hell yeah they’re huge too, meal unto themselves, worst poo poo in the world tho is getting home and realizing they forgot the lovely but perfect sweet and sour sauce, what’s the point of an egg roll without a ton of sugar

Stock up with your Glock up

----------------

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 3, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Theres a deal on the app rn where you get a free jumbo egg roll with 5 dollar purchase.

Theres also the 24 days of jack deals with supposedly a new deal every day but I don't see a new one for today yet

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

a sexual elk posted:

Stock up with your Glock up

did you just tell us to rob the jack in the box

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's just slang for glycemic index

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Deals have been kind of weak so far, today's deal is you get 2 free tacos with at least 1 dollar purchase. So I guess you can get 4 tacos for a buck...

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Deals have been kind of weak so far, today's deal is you get 2 free tacos with at least 1 dollar purchase. So I guess you can get 4 tacos for a buck...

I mean, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Twenty Four posted:

I mean, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me?

Its essentially a 1 dollar coupon. That kinda sucks.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
The egg rolls are actually pretty good but the teriyaki sauce is disgusting and the sweet and sour is middling. The real star of the show is the mini filled churros. Idk what they cost now but they used to be $1 for a little bag. The tacos are also good, especially if you dunk them in some sour cream at home. And you can get a little bun with an egg and a tomato and maybe some ham for a couple bucks.

But JITB are spotty. The worst thing is how at random (mostly at night) they seem to just...shut off their online ordering platform. Sometimes it will be down for days at a time. like wtf is that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wilkins Micawber posted:

But JITB are spotty. The worst thing is how at random (mostly at night) they seem to just...shut off their online ordering platform. Sometimes it will be down for days at a time. like wtf is that

yeah i had to quit going to my local one because they'd accept orders but when i showed up they'd be totally closed. i must've done three chargebacks before i called it quits for good

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its essentially a 1 dollar coupon. That kinda sucks.

I suppose yeah, when you put it that way. I was thinking of it from the opposite direction, which is "that's a full meal for $1"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

did you just tell us to rob the jack in the box

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

this is an incredible deal tho... ? their tacos own

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

just got the worst news, my local jack no longer offers the chicken tater melt :( they upped the munchie meals to :10bux: and now its choose your own which is just their regular sandwiches instead of the superior frankenstein'd poo poo

halokiller fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 16, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah the new munchie thing is one of the most blatant "pretend we're offering a deal while raising prices" a fast food company has done. And the munchie meal exclusives were actually good, rips.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
murdering children is no longer the worst thing they’ve done

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

halokiller posted:

just got the worst news, my local jack no longer offers the chicken tater melt :( they upped the munchie meals to :10bux: and now its choose your own which is just their regular sandwiches instead of the superior frankenstein'd poo poo

That was the BEST drunk food

Literally ate it drunk and thought it was the poo poo then ate it sober and went "wtf"

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

has anyone's deals (not offers) section cleared out the last couple weeks? they used to have several things and now it's just cheaper tacos

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Tried good good and spicy good sauces late last night. (I did not get charged for them)

They’re both uniquely mediocre.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Fartington Butts posted:

They’re both uniquely mediocre.
Welcome to jack in the box

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

Ate the Snoop meal cause I suck. Sandwich is very saucy(three different ones on there), brownie is actually pretty big and fudgy, but I'm still not paying 14 dollars for this poo poo.

----------------

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Baller Ina posted:

Ate the Snoop meal cause I suck. Sandwich is very saucy(three different ones on there), brownie is actually pretty big and fudgy, but I'm still not paying 14 dollars for this poo poo.

none of these celebrity/influencer meals have ever been good or worth the price, I also doubly hate snoop for help killing the OG munchie sandwiches

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just had a basic rear end sourdough Jack add bbq and it’s taking top Western, Carls can kick sand with their pathetic rear end Mcd Donald bacon

----------------

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

Wendys is the only fast food chain with good bacon. Count Five Guys if you want but their a half step above everyone else imo. my monthly dub Western gets bacon ordered off cause its empty calories, you aint tasting that poo poo.

On topic Jack's app is one of the worst, loads slow as poo poo and the coupons took a severe hit some months ago.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

iunno wtf happened but the coupons are dogshit now. the app used to be beautiful, a thrifty paradise

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

two sandwiches for ten dollars as an app coupon should be illegal

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

checking out the increasingly dogshit coupons on the app for September and see they've added a breakfast taco, which is just one of their basic tacos with eggs instead of lettuce. anyone brave enough to try it?

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i say swears online posted:

checking out the increasingly dogshit coupons on the app for September and see they've added a breakfast taco, which is just one of their basic tacos with eggs instead of lettuce. anyone brave enough to try it?

it kinda sucked op i think the lettuce is key in making the taco feel more refreshing than a pile of chemicals and sludge

----------------