Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
how are they gonna fix Luffy when Zoro's hogging all the bandages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
to be fair you need to have a high IQ to understand One Piece

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Anus Lobby

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Brandfarlig posted:

Another reason why OP owns, when has a shonen series been improved by someone being horny?

Chainsaw Man

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

jassa posted:

He doesn't engage with the series and the characters in the same way I do

The worst crime of all imo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Drakkel posted:

I think it's a mix of the incredibly rushed deadlines anime studios have to work with just in general, low budgets, budgets used unevenly (Dressrosa had so many moments where they'd suddenly have movie-level animation for about 2 minutes and then it'd be back to a slide show) and the fact that they have several different directors. A lot of the recent episodes that got a lot of praise are from one specific director cause they have a noticeable style that set those episodes apart from the rest of the series, for example.

IIRC another factor is that One Piece has a prime time timeslot in Japan. If you took the show off the air for a while to do a seasonal approach instead, then you'd need to find another show to fill that timeslot. And whichever show got that timeslot would fight tooth and nail to keep it, since it's prime time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sub Harrison posted:

Death Note is great, with pre-timeskip being by far the best part of the series.

Netflix Death Note was like a comedic parody of the story, where both Light and L are average intelligence in way over their heads making mistake after mistake. (e: netflix spoilers) Light instantly revealing the notebook to impress his girlfriend was hilarious.

ok you've convinced me, I'll check out the Netflix DN

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That TL note at the end...

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ubiquitus posted:

Ngl, I liked some of the fan translations better this time around. All but the last few panels

I liked "Do you know what you've just done?" a lot better than "You realize what comes next?"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

God, I am so glad this week is not a break week because I am absolutely chomping at the bit to see what comes next in the Awakened Luffy vs Kaidou fight. I am just imagining Luffy literally leaping out of the manga panel leaving Kaidou wondering where he went similar to Blueno's Doa Doa no Mi powers, only to suddenly leap back into reality with Kaidou doing the awooga eyes. This is going to be absolutely fantastic! I can't wait! :D :dance:

Luffy's gonna dress up as a sexy lady Kaidou and trick him into smooching

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
tbf the WG has been trying to get their hands on Luffy for quite a while, it's just every time they get close to doing so Luffy's either:

-escaped by the skin of his teeth
-been let go by a sympathetic marine/warlord
-bailed out by some of the strongest people on the planet
-disappeared off the map entirely for 2 years

sure they could have put a gigantic bounty on him from day one, but then you'd get a lot of people raising some potentially uncomfortable questions for the WG about why this random schmuck is getting so much attention. And when you've got a very sly and powerful Emperor running around that can steal DF powers, it might be for the best that you try not to tip him off that something's up with Luffy

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gumbercules posted:

We haven't seen Usopp in two chapters, and nobody's yet *explicitly* said that Luffy is Joyboy. Just sayin, maybe that loud drum heartbeat is coming from somewhere else*

*it's not

it's the roaring of the King Engine

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Arist posted:

Glad to see the Gin dead-enders have given up, finally

I don't think the secret shadow ruler of the World Government can ever join the Straw Hats

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Buggy became Big Boss completely on accident

Also I love how at first glance his wanted poster looks like he's smiling, but if you look a little closer he looks completely terrified

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope the nameless CP0 hero stays nameless

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Begemot posted:

:hmmyes:

Or maybe... Blackbeard is some sort of fruitman! That's how he's absorbing the powers directly!!

That's Mr. 2, actually

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It would be a pretty wild loophole to the “eating 2 DFs kills you” rule if you could just eat the DF user directly and be fine with multiple fruits

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Having sand in your butthole is probably not ideal, just ask your local housecat

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Law using his powers to cut in line is an amazingly petty use, I love it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Luffy is going to be the man marked by flames, I'm calling it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

The World Inferno posted:

Was brief, but we saw he was super lazy, and/or possibly a samurai due to the lack of eating comment?

Not calling you out specifically but I've seen quite a few people take the "samurai don't need to eat" line from Yamato's flashback seriously, when I'm pretty sure the real intent was the samurai were lying and were allowing the scared little boy to have all the food so he wouldn't starve

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
lame fakeout, my boy Yamato got done incredibly dirty, and much like many of the people itt I am also confused as to why we had years of “Im setting sail!” end with “lol nvm”

“Kuroizumi were born to burn” is a rad one liner to use on a guy burning to death after he tortured an entire nation for over 20 years. I don’t think it was meant to be a “this bloodline in particular is evil” and more to be one last “gently caress you” to the guy that boiled the last ruler alive

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Im still fine with the “born to burn” line because ending your play celebrating yo overthrowing a guy that’s been beating, torturing, and starving everyone in your country for 20 years with “but guys, if you really think about it, the real victim in all this was Orochi” would probably leave a bad taste in their mouths

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
my only problem with the Yamato thing is he has no "come to Jesus" moment where he realizes "oh, I should stay", at no point throughout the raid or Green Bull's attack does he ever second guess his decision to leave with the Straw Hats, but just when Luffy's about to set sail he immediately does a 180 and is like "nope I'll stay and hang out lol" If there was even a hint of this mindset that had popped up in the past 2 years it would have been fine, but as it is now it's just a total whiplash

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Guys, Yamato is NEVER joining the Straw Hats

He's joining the Cross Guild under the strongest Emperor and Future Pirate King, Buggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Anyone who was alive during the persecution of the Kurozumis was probably either a child at the time or murdered/starved to death in the subsequent years of Orochi’s reign