Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
This is just a hobby, man. An escape, if you want it to be. But none of it comes before your personal health. We all want the best for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

ChaosArgate posted:

Pretty much all of the principal characters get a second angle for headshots now. Its kind of neat!

Neat is a word for it. Personally, half of them that look straight on towards the screen weird me the gently caress out. Something something uncanny valley.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

See, I swear that Ryuji actually DOES say gently caress a couple times, which throws the whole thing into question.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Your summaries of dialogue and side snark are a delight to read after having played the game. Thanks for doing this.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Let's stop literally everything else and talk about Akechi's stupid loving monogrammed briefcase, because holy poo poo I knew the guy was a loser but I didn't think he could become an even bigger loser.

My urge to give this stupid boy a swirlie increases with every update.

Speaking of, good update. Got some wide smiles out of me.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Do you come to this hotel very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't.

fffffffffffffffffuuuuuck youuu

Joking aside, I glazed over the bit about why they go after more well known targets first time through. Makes enough sense, for how much it takes to go through one palace, there's no way they'd get around to the thousands if not millions of abusive people in the world. Inspiring people to stand up is about the best they can hope for.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Considering all the art of Boy With Earring (tm) having yellow eyes, maybe the same goes for anyone that spends too much time there?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Ryuji is a good boy and deserves good things.

:emptyquote:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I am always down for more opportunities to be a smartass to the cat.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Noooo sad cat story. :(

Least my cat is always nearby for cuddles.

And you know something? Jose is giving me Emil vibes. They're both good boys and ride in a noisy vehicle.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

'involuntary shriek of pain' pretty accurately describes my feelings with early kawakami events. Yeesh.

It always feels like there's two writers fighting with each other in these games. One has serious and genuine writing trying to tell an empathetic story, and the other needs to write the "jokes" for the script and constantly screams at the team about demographics and 'selling more copies if we include this'.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I appreciate the extra non crazy time spent together. It's what made strikers so endearing.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The hangouts are nice. I like them. Really has the feel of 'babysitting someone's rich kids, with all their bossiness and silly inexperience turned up to 11'. I'm ok with that.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Hah. Your dad is basic. Look at his taste in movies!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

The pace is good, your updates are fine so far along with the additional dialogue but, gotta say

I initially misread that as 'get stuck paying to be this woman's therapist' and I had a big laugh at it before realizing that I'm stupid.

That's not what it says?

*Reads up*

Oh. Huh.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The bug eye helmets on the shadows never fails to make me giggle. Help.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Judgement Kazzy's been up to some poo poo I see.

He is a pure, honest boy made of truth and fists. You take that back.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Again, I don't get morgana's obsession with being human. Humans suck. Being a cat sounds awesome

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

That apparently doesn't stop him from making lockpicks before he enslaves you to do it.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

It all really does suggest that the protagonist is fully aware of the meta-benefits to hanging out with this gaggle of weirdos. Like some of them are a stretch to imagine wanting to be around at first without getting the 'thou art thee art thou here's extra magic powers for being social you shut in'

I mean Chihaya, of course. Hifumi's magical kingdom is worth suffering church a bit for.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Don't apologize for overindulging. Snark is half the reason we're here, and if becoming a mind-hive is the trigger for the temporary insanity? All the better.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Rest and heal, friend. We'll be here when you're better.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

drat you cancer.

Be at peace, billy. :(

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Ryuji losing his talking privileges is something I wish we could have.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Not as noisy as the peanut gallery at night, CAT.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Qrr posted:

Sometimes it's easy to tell that someone has not lived with a talkative cat.

I want you to know, that just as I read this, my own cat let out a yowl like she took intense offense at the lack of petting she was receiving. Actually made me jump a little.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

See, I appreciate when these games let you roll with the goofiness in other characters. Reminds me of Devil Survivor 2 where you can often just fixate on random things in the conversation, earning the amusement of the more easygoing characters.

Yusuke would be a lot more fun if the writing chops were a little smarter. I'll take causing scenes in random places for now though. (And being able to egg him on.)

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

NO SHUT THE gently caress UP CAT IM FINDING INNER PEACE

I kind of wish they gave you more options to be a dick to Akechi in his confidant. Just really boil the tension by making it harder and harder to force himself to try and befriend you.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Wait, was I supposed to view that as genuine? I thought it was just him being blatantly manipulative... and sucking at it because he cannot people right. With everyone rightly responding with 'Uh huh. Yeah bud, real tragic.' and the sarcasm soaring over his head.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Yikes, hope you recover quickly. And don't worry about it. What you did add is amusing enough.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Hm... all these heavy hitter requests just after we confirmed that people can die from the process. Nope can't see anything dangerous with that.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Maybe Maaku shouldn't be so harsh on Ryuji for talking about how much they're the phantom thieves, eh? At least most who hear him wouldn't believe him.

also lol Akechi. I wonder if you just get a standard game over if you somehow lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Update at whatever pace is good for you, man. It's always a fun read so being patient is ok.