Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Having had an old, finicky dog, I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to mess with a diet that’s working fine for a 13 year old. The puppy can probably go on whatever seems good to you, or be on the Acana for a while and switch later. My 3yo husky mix is on Orijen with grains now and I do have to say I noticed an increase in muscle mass when I moved her over from Acana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Well Played Mauer posted:

We have an 8-month-old chaweenie that’s about to be spayed. We have been feeding her The Farmer’s Dog and they charged us $275 for the most recent shipment, so I’m moving away from them because Jesus Christ I spend less than that to feed myself in a month.

She’s healthy across the board per the vet.

Anyway, between Acana Wholesome Grains and Farmina N&D will I kill my dog? They seem pretty comparable on chewy.

I feed my big mutt Acana Wholesome Grains and she hasn’t dropped dead yet? Normal poops and decent coat and skin and plenty of energy. It was too much protein for my mom’s delicate little cavapoo though so she supplements him with more carbs from another food - his poops were kinda gross.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

My 70lb dog is both extremely lazy and also an air plant. She only gets 2 cups of food a day to maintain a healthy weight (more if active but lol that’s very difficult to manage). We were giving her ~3 and she was slowly but steadily gaining weight.

Dogs are mysterious! If it takes 6 cups then it takes 6 cups. Is it very nutrient-dense food? Mine is on Orijen with grains which is, uh, very dense indeed.