Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
What's the thread recommendation for a cat food for a 15 year old healthy cat that's a bit underweight and doesn't really like Nutrical, even if it's mixed into her current favorite wet food? She's a grazer, doesn't really eat much at once, either dry or wet. We feed her 3x daily and she eats half of what we give her, then later wants it repositioned to eat the other half or otherwise.

There's a recent eating refusal medical crisis, details are in the cat thread, where we had to force-feed her A/D until she got her appetite back. The appetite is back, she's happy to get fed, now we just gotta get her weight up since she doesn't eat much at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
My cat, who has had a bevy of medical issues likely related to old age (she's 16) has lost a lot of interest in food, but she has a TON of interest in boiled chicken thighs. I've been trying to use tiny shreds to get her to eat better-quality foods, with some success, but not enough to build back the habit of just eating actual cat food.

I've got some Balance It nutritional additive stuff inbound. Has anyone had any success with that or other "just add this + some specified oils to cooked chicken" so I can at least give her what she wants without losing out on micronutrients?

We've done the vet and internist dance quite a bit - the only real way to get more answers is invasive testing, which is not an option since A) she's 16, how much can really be done without compromising her quality of life, and B) she's so skinny that vets don't feel confident putting her under anesthesia, and I don't blame 'em