Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011
So is it bad for cats if I'm always feeding them something different every meal? Their foster mom was cycling through a few different wet foods because they get sick of the same thing quickly and stop eating and I didn't want to change their routine while they were transitioning to their new home, but when I tried switching them to something more consistent they did indeed start ignoring their food and gnawing on anything and everything that was not food when I wasn't around, mainly the underside of my bed. So I went back to getting them a few different wet foods to cycle through and just keeping them on the same dry food at night which they don't seem to mind as much. Am I damaging their digestive tract by doing this? Should I just switch to dry only since that's the only thing they'll consistently eat the same of?

My previous cat had to be put to sleep after many rough financially and emotionally draining years of kidney disease so I'm loathe to switch to dry only, but I don't want to just be causing other health problems.

e: I know people say that dry is not an issue as long as you have a fountain or something to encourage them to drink more but I got that and on top of the filters being too expensive for me to regularly replace, it doesn't seem to actually have that much of an impact on how much they're drinking.

yellowyams fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU