Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm caught between two cat food problems.

1. Cat needs urinary-diet food; he's 11.
2. Cat gets the shits whenever he eats corn products.

I'm not trying to do grain-free, but the vet-grade cat foods I've seen have corn byproducts; they also don't offer a variety of flavors. Cat is a picky rear end in a top hat who won't eat the same food all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I have forgotten; he's just had urinary problems in the past, and the vet recommended a veterinary diet for them.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Iirc the issues with grain free food aren't just with the absence of grain, but the suspicion that legume proteins aren't good for dogs. Dunno about cats.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Tamarillo posted:

You should be less concerned because this is incorrect. Cats are able to digest and access nutrients from cooked grains, backed up by the vet nutritionists at WSAVA and nutritionists writing for VIN

From the VIN page you linked:

quote:

Cats have unique metabolic adaptations that do not allow for transition to completely vegan or vegetarian diets.

And from WSAVA:

quote:

Cats are obligate carnivores. Cats cannot thrive on vegetarian diets and these types of diets
should not be fed to cats.