Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
All I've ever heard from vets is that the 3 year rabies vaccine doesn't work well in cats

Also obviously dry food is fine. I think wet food gives an edge in providing moisture but like get a cat fountain or something.

These people sound insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Good to know. I haven’t asked recently, and they haven’t offered us a 3 year.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Mozi posted:

Eh just give the cat or dog a can of Red Bull daily, that should be sufficient for their taurine intake.

Honestly if you don't have a water fountain and a red bull fountain your cats should be taken away from you

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I have been told that non rx urinary food doesn’t work for poo poo.

Re: feeding multiple cats urinary food out of convenience when not all of them need it, it’s not the absolute best but you can feed it to all cats and it’s totally fine. It will be difficult to get a cat off it once they start eating it though (they will be likely to develop urinary tract problems if you cease feeding it to them).

This is based on my personal experience and conversations with my vet and observations my wife made when she worked at a cat only vet for a couple years.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Can confirm 3 of our 4 cats love salmon temptations, we got some with Severus (our youngest) when he came from the shelter because the owner who surrendered him said they were his jam, and we have trained him and our other boy cat to stand up and eat them out of our hands. Oona is slow and old so I throw hers on the floor while the boys are concentrating on eating from my hand.

Bee would not deign to eat a cat treat but she will lick my ice cream sometimes.