Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jet just had a scare where he seemed to not be eating any dry food at all for a few days, but instantly downed an entire kitty gogurt when offered one. I’ve tried giving him wet food aka pates and chunks of meat in gravy before, but he would always sniff it, lick a couple times, then never touch it again. So I always feed him dry food.

But he’s a fiend for Churu. It looks like he may prefer gravies and sauces over chunks of meat and thick pates. Those aren’t too hard to cook. Has anyone ever made gravies and sauces for a cat as a supplemental wet food? If so, how did you ensure it was both nutritionally complete and appetizing for the cat? Should I maybe not bother and just buy some particular brand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

drat Bananas posted:

I have 2 new cats, about a year old. One has had soft stools since we got her 2 months ago. The vet checked her out and did a stool sample for parasites but it came up clean. The vet seems generally unconcerned, they just emailed the stool sample results to me and said nothing after. Maybe I don't have a veterinary degree but I feel like if it were me I would offer a next step, or theory, to that pet owner, but he seems unconcerned and maybe soft stool is not really something needed to be addressed....? I guess my next step is to switch foods, if maybe its fix is as simple as that? I have no idea which direction to go, but would prefer not to go toward prescription food prices just yet especially since the 2 cats share a bowl free-feeding. We're on dry Royal Canin Indoor, is Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach a good sidestep to see if the stool issues resolve, or if it's not a true RX line is it just all marketing and not *actually* good for stomachs?

Does she vomit? Often, rarely, never? If she does, is it mostly food, or is it just white foam or bile?

How often does she go #2? Once a day, or more frequently than once a day?

How consistent is the consistency? Always soft and gross, or only sometimes?

Has her weight changed recently? e.g. noticeable drops or ballooning?

Does she seems like she drinks a lot of water, or has started drinking more water than usual over time?

How is her mood? Has her behavior changed significantly, or stayed the same?