Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Crossposting from the Foster/Rescue Megathread:

I. M. Gei posted:

I just fed them for the first time since today’s vet visit, and Kelly still doesn’t want to eat much. It seems she isn’t going for the Nutri-Cal.

Also now Kenan is doing the exact same poo poo. :negative: He was inhaling entire bottles of food at every feeding before. Now he won’t eat more than about 1 tablespoon, same as Kelly.

So it looks like whatever is wrong with Kelly is spreading.

I can think of two possibilities for what’s going on:
1. Both kittens ate some kitty litter and have an intestinal blockage (the litter in their box is unscented paper litter, though there’s a little bit of the clay stuff on the floor that spilled out from their previous box)
2. They have some sort of spreadable illness or parasite

I’m wondering if either of these things might mean I need to take both of them to the vet before Monday. Or if something else is going on.

EDIT: wait...... could this be a sign that I should start giving them food in bowls?

These kittens are right around 4.5 to 5 weeks old now.

I don’t know how much y’all know about kittens, but could this refusal-to-eat business be a sign that my kittens’ digestive systems are switching from Formula Mode to Meat Mode, so I need to start giving them less milk replacer and more wet food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU