Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Mirconium posted:

Went down hard today in DC. I don't normally ride there, but this time I got caught in the city, with rain coming down to boot.

DC is one of those cities with trolley rails that overlap regular road lanes, and boy did I not appreciate the danger of those fuckers when wet. My front wheel fell into the groove formed by one of the rails and seeing as it was polished and wet I immediately lost any semblance of traction. But the real fun was that even angling my wheel wouldn't let me out of the rut because instead of turning my bike would just keep sliding along. So the bike just sort of slid out from under me, then on top of me, and then I got dragged under for 30 feet, riding on top of my knuckles which somehow got tucked under me.

Bless all my gear, the only thing that failed were the gloves, which really took the brunt of the accident, but got chewed all the way through. Now I have a wound I don't even want to look at on my knuckles, and I sincerely hope it doesn't need stitches, because I ain't goin to no ER tonight. Probably tomorrow. Doesn't appear to be bleeding any more though, so hopefully it's fine.

Also bless frame sliders, only damage is to my long suffering exhaust and one turn signal. the slider itself did get ground pretty gnarly though.

Can confirm that airbag jacket is really cool, I felt NOTHING on my torso. A+ would tolerate mediocore Helite construction again.

Stay safe yall, wet metal is the loving devil. Also this is really convincing me that i need to learn to ride dirt.

gently caress, glad you’re ok. Wet metal gets me tenser than anything else on the road.
Other than being hamburger, is your hand ok? Bones, tendons, nerves? You don’t have a shitload of time to repair some stuff in hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU