Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

if you cannot see a difference in these text flags vs. the text on the california flag i'm sorry but you may be on the spectrum
this seems like a very questionable insult

also the text on the cali flag is less ugly but it's still dumb and needless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

The flag of Ogden, Utah, or rather former flag because they decided to swap it out for a flag that echoes the new Utah flag more and get rid of the Golden Spike.

Yeah people been really hot on language this week.

Xiahou Dun posted:

To be clear, as a colorblind person, I’m fine with this.

I’m very happy for all the sexual identity/orientation flags that have proliferated recently, but would it kill you to put a device on there too. I’d just like to be able to follow along.
I thought most colour blindness was not like, can't see colour, but has a harder time distinguishing between certain colours or shades, so I'd presume that order of colour should still somewhat help. At least a fair few have different number of stripes, and the bi flag is set apart from pan by having the middle stripe smaller.

On that note, I suspect the commonality of simple tricolours is probably a similar issue in nation flags.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

-stuff about colourblindness-

Thanks for the response. I think I agree on the concept of devices - from a game design perspective, I've always been a huge fan of like "two-factor distinction" - sort like how xbox and playstation buttons have both a letter/symbol AND colour associated with them. Visual language that uses shape AND colour makes is both more accommodating and just more powerful.

I'd be certainly interested in seeing what people would come up with regards to devices for pride flags.