Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

GilliamYaeger posted:

Helpful post

Oh I almost forgot to ask. Is it fine to have a general use team of just the good IDs you listed, or should I go for something with more synergy? XP is scarce at this stage, so I'm scared to level too many specialized identities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Elswyyr posted:

Thanks a ton! I don't know how I'll get 200 yellow boxes unless I destroy my brain farming mirror dungeons, but whenever I can do that I'll get fluid sac.
Actually putting together your team myself, you've got a pretty good setup with 7 Faust, Maid Ryoshu, Deici Hongle, Pequod Heath and Philipclair. Lotta Gloom and Envy in that team with a smattering of Wrath and Pride. Fuels Fluid Sac - and most EGOs - pretty well...except it lacks Lust - the main source being Ryoshu S1 and Faust and Philip's defensives at UT4. So for a sixth member I'd suggest grabbing someone who can supply that Lust - the best candidates in my mind being either Liu Ishmael (burn synergy with Philip) or Molar Outis (just really good with big numbers). So after you shard Fluid Sac and Deici Hong Lu I'd try and aim for either of those.

Elswyyr posted:

Oh I almost forgot to ask. Is it fine to have a general use team of just the good IDs you listed, or should I go for something with more synergy? XP is scarce at this stage, so I'm scared to level too many specialized identities.
Hah, I posted this before seeing your post! You're welcome.

You'll want to aim for synergies only after you've hit endgame. I WOULD advise trying to shard and level some Sinking stuff for Canto 6 at some point, though.

Oh, and don't forget that you can grab a support for free! That's really really useful for when you've got gaps in your roster!

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 4, 2024

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Elswyyr posted:

You'll be fine through chapter four-ish easy, maybe the whole way with Just Good Clashers. My mainstay for MD hard and almost all difficult content, with one very specific exception, is a sinking team, but a focused team might not be actually necessary for even canto 6.

e: right yeah supports, post your id and some of us will add you. might solve your dieci hong lu problem lol

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 4, 2024

Ghost Armor 1337
Jul 28, 2023

PetraCore posted:

They thought the ending of Canto 6 presented Cathy too much as a martyr when she caused the problem she deleted herself to fix, and thought people were going to focus too much on the romance between Cathy and Heathcliff as a result.

Well it seems to close the spirit of the Source material. Sure limbus version Cathy isn't as much as a bitch as the book version, but as soon as her heart was broken by Heathcliff well, then she decides to make it everybody's problem after some light prodding from Hermann...

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah synergistic teams are nice, but you can make it through at least the first five cantos with just a team of Really Good 000s

i only really bothered to make a real team when kimsault came out

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
also Pequod Harpooner is (currently) The Heathcliff Guy for canto 6 so good job on pulling him

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Goatse James Bond posted:

also Pequod Harpooner is (currently) The Heathcliff Guy for canto 6 so good job on pulling him

I admit I am an outside recommender of Oofies Heath, but that's just me.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Goatse James Bond posted:

Any of his 000s work there(besides R) but Pequod is probably the best general-use one overall yeah

Elswyyr posted:

If we're doing teambuilding advice, I started last week and pulled a lot of good stuff. Made it to mid-Canto 3.5.

Yi Sang: Pequod First Mate (00), Dimension Shredder EGO.
Faust: Seven Assoc. South Section 4 (000)
Don Quixote: N Corp Mittelhammer (00), Shi Assoc. South Section 5 Director (00)
Ryoshu: LCCB Assistant Manager (00), Edgar Family Chief Butler (000)
Meursault: The Middle Little Brother (00)
Hong Lu: Kurokumo Clan Wakashu (00), W Corp. L2 Cleanup Agent (00)
Heathcliff: Seven Assoc. South Section 4 (00), The Pequod Harpooneer (000)
Ishmael: Shi Assoc. South Section 5 (00), Lobotomy Ego: Sloshing (00), Edgar Family Butler (00)
Rodion: Sanguine Desire EGO
Sinclair: Dawn Office Fixer (000), Zwei Assoc. South Section 6 (00)
Outis: G Corp. Head Manager (00)
Gregor: Liu Assoc. South Section 6

What I've been doing so far is running Yi Sang and Heathcliff with their Pequod IDs, Kuro Hong Lu for more bleed, and the 2 butler IDs because I didnt know what else to do. Are any of these IDs especially high priority to Uptie to level 3? I've gotten all the ones I use to Uptie 2. I'm open for some team recommendations too.

Pretty much every ID wants to be at least 3. You're on the right track, a solid core of 5/6 is all you really need to start breaking into the later content.

Kurokumo Hong Lu is fantastic early on but is unfortunately going to fall off hard during/after Canto 4 and Butler Ishmael doesn't really do much outside of mirror dungeon Sinking teams. Butler Ryoshu and Pequod Heath should be uptie'd asap, Ryoshu is very solid and Heathcliff is one of the game's best general-use IDs. Both are self-sufficient and will remain relevant all the way to endgame and beyond on any team you put them on. Pequod Yi Sang is fine, he needs a team to get the most out of him but he'll hold his own. Dawn Sinclair is about to be buffed to be much easier to use so he's an easy shoo-in as well.

so 7 Faust, Butler Ryoshu, Pequod Heathcliff, Pequod Yi Sang, and Dawn Sinclair are solid group. You'll need to pick up one more from somewhere though. As suggested Dieci Hong Lu is great but i'd recommend Dieci Rodion instead just because this team has a severe lack of Blunt damage and Dieci Hong Lu only gets that from his S3(which he generally won't use the first time it comes up because Insight).

Since it's Walpurgis season you can also consider scrounging the resources for Regret Faust who is a fantastic general-use Blunt ID but since you already have a good Faust option that's low priority.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
If you want a blunt ID, get Liu Ishmael or Rodion (or NClair) rather than Deici Rodion, who has consistently been a weak link in my Sinking team. Deici Rodion is only worth it if you're building a Sinking team.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Got three missions left for the Walpurgi mini event now. Kill three in one attack with librarian, don't let Fairy Festival eat any mobs and kill Fairy Festival with status aliments. Any tips for those? Preferably in one go if possible.

My most leveled status aliment team is sinking with 6 leveled to 45, but sinking is kind of tricky to pull off that particular mission since it has to be the sinking damage that actually finishes off the abnormality.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Marluxia posted:

Got three missions left for the Walpurgi mini event now. Kill three in one attack with librarian, don't let Fairy Festival eat any mobs and kill Fairy Festival with status aliments. Any tips for those? Preferably in one go if possible.

My most leveled status aliment team is sinking with 6 leveled to 45, but sinking is kind of tricky to pull off that particular mission since it has to be the sinking damage that actually finishes off the abnormality.

I used Burn for the latter two, since you can pretty much just ignore the small fairy attacks and stack burn while you clash the devour attempts, but I ran Maid Ryoshu and the poise crew for the first one. Throw down an AOE ego to soften them up, then two AOE S2s should get the job done.

Oh, and don't run Magic Bullet Outis if you have her. Dark Flame will ruin your Burn kills, since unique burn doesn't count for those missions.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

If you want a blunt ID, get Liu Ishmael or Rodion (or NClair) rather than Deici Rodion, who has consistently been a weak link in my Sinking team. Deici Rodion is only worth it if you're building a Sinking team.

She's been consistently Good for me :shrug: it's kind of her thing. She's weaker but more reliable than Hong "either pathetic or unstoppable" Lu. Both are great ofc.

e: also Liu Ish is more about working with the Burn team, Sinclair is already in use, and Liu Rodion's S2 and 3 are Pierce

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 5, 2024

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

dieci rodion is a tank and hits like a train, for me, personally

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

If all you've got is Sinking then your best choice is probably just keep trying that until it works.

3 with one attack is the most annoying one, standard strategy right now is solo Butler Ryoshu building up all the poise and going fuckin ham with S2s on the middle blob but Regret Faust could probably do that too. Or you could try to thread the needle with EGO but its hard to pull off without fairy chomping down on one or all of them

e:

studio mujahideen posted:

also yeah outside of being focused down by pierce attacks she's really sturdy

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 5, 2024

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Love when her shield pops up.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

as good as she is on the sinking team, she's also tricky because she hits a LOT, so she can shred your count if you arent careful.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

as good as she is on the sinking team, she's also tricky because she hits a LOT, so she can shred your count if you arent careful.

That has been my main issue with her.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

She has a good guard and can intercept whatever you're not putting a sinking stack on well enough, so she's still got uses when she's not shanking/s3ing at least

Anyway main point is that she's a good general-use blunt ID that can slot onto any team pretty well, e: and has a neat mechanic that doesn't punish you for screwing it up( since her S2/3's power are unaffected by it) so she's a great beginner ID too.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 5, 2024

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Dieci rodion's an absolute top tier ID, good damage and stupidly tanky plus discard means she's always hitting with her best skills. The secret to sinking generation is to either be rimeshanking or blocking away anything that's not S3, since she's very good at eating count. There's a trick to it, and it's to somehow ignore the flashing sign that says she's dominating the clashes because she's such a good clasher.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Marluxia posted:

For 3 kills in one turn my tip is to use Der Outis with LCCB Ryoshu on bench. Just stall and break the Fairy Queen two arms until Outis has 6 bullets and Ryoshu's passive is on and then fire the last bullet. Dealing half the damage you've inflicted with the last bullet to the target compounds very quickly when you mass attack.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Actually managed to clear the mirror dungeon for the first. Got pretty rough near the end, but I think it made me slightly better at the game.

I think my biggest complain is the ui isn't great in some aspects. It's a pain to pick the second skill in abnormality fights, and you have to hold to check what a part is gonna do. There's a ton of information, but the game makes it kinda annoying to look at the information.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

SITB posted:

For 3 kills in one turn my tip is to use Der Outis with LCCB Ryoshu on bench. Just stall and break the Fairy Queen two arms until Outis has 6 bullets and Ryoshu's passive is on and then fire the last bullet. Dealing half the damage you've inflicted with the last bullet to the target compounds very quickly when you mass attack.

That worked very well, thanks. Was hoping it might help with the status aliment mission, but fairy festival just had too much dark flame by the end. Oh well, guess I'll go back to sinking and just reset if it looks like I'm going to deal too much damage before sinking tick.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Good news: yay, finally beat all easy missions! Switching my patron from Sinclair to Ishy worked really well.

Bad news: While I love MDH, still getting used to the new icons meant I accidentally Jun'd and wiped my run.

Also I rolled for Yesod on Walpurgis and while I got all the IDs and EGOs now, I still don't have the guy I was originally rolling for......

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Having a problem picking my sixth Sinner for my Burn team. Base Hong Lu is great for benching to help Philclair but Hong Liu gets the highest coin values of the 00 Lius.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm mostly using Liu Meursault. He isn't even close to good, but he gives access to Chain of Others, Regret and....Da Caputo? (the brazen bull EGO)/Pursuance while still having Burn synergy.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 5, 2024

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

KobunFan posted:

Having a problem picking my sixth Sinner for my Burn team. Base Hong Lu is great for benching to help Philclair but Hong Liu gets the highest coin values of the 00 Lius.
Well the remaining characters who aren't being actively used in the Burn team, either from the five on-field members or for their support passives, are Heathcliff, Don and Greg. So you should pick someone from them who isn't being used in other teams. Cinq Don, maybe?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I gave up on sinking, it isn't even remotely worth it trying to manage sinking for those missions. Fortunately I had plenty of bleed identities that while only one was level 45, I did have two at 40 which can handle hard, and one at 35 which kind of still works. And I had some level 45 R Meursault supports. Please don't make the same mistake I did and just go do burn or bleed for this mission.

KobunFan posted:

Liu Meursault isn't especially great but if you really want a sixth burn sinner, like the other poster said, his EGOs make him at least worth pulling out.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Yeah, I suppose. He's got solid enough EGOs and provides Sloth resources.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KobunFan posted:

Unfortunately all of the boner squad are very bad, Liu Meursault is probably the least bad though since Hong Lu is on support duty.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Well the remaining characters who aren't being actively used in the Burn team, either from the five on-field members or for their support passives, are Heathcliff, Don and Greg. So you should pick someone from them who isn't being used in other teams. Cinq Don, maybe?

Cinq Don can actually clash but her offense blows, moreso since she's getting nothing out of burn gifts. I guess you could do worse for filler though.

e: really burn just needs 1 more ID

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 5, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

t3isukone posted:

Good news: yay, finally beat all easy missions! Switching my patron from Sinclair to Ishy worked really well.

Bad news: While I love MDH, still getting used to the new icons meant I accidentally Jun'd and wiped my run.

Also I rolled for Yesod on Walpurgis and while I got all the IDs and EGOs now, I still don't have the guy I was originally rolling for......

trade you, I got Yesod immediately and the ID a bit later but neither EGO

I don't even use announcers :negative:

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Yinlock posted:

Unfortunately all of the boner squad are very bad, Liu Meursault is probably the least bad though since Hong Lu is on support duty.

Liu Meursault is fine enough as a slot 6 filler, IMO. His numbers are reasonable once Regret is up and rolling, and outside that, it's pretty funny actually getting the big tremor burst value out of Capote.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Plus, he's another source of burn identities with healing EGOs, which I think is just the pursuance one for both Meursault and Rodion, and uhhh, Soda Hong Lu? Which is not worth bringing Liu Hong Lu.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tricky posted:

Liu Meursault is fine enough as a slot 6 filler, IMO. His numbers are reasonable once Regret is up and rolling, and outside that, it's pretty funny actually getting the big tremor burst value out of Capote.

Requiring EGO use generally translates to "they're bad" in practical terms since there's always gonna be a cost to that, but he does well enough that he can survive which is the best you're gonna get out of the boner crew

e:

Marluxia posted:

Plus, he's another source of burn identities with healing EGOs, which I think is just the pursuance one for both Meursault and Rodion, and uhhh, Soda Hong Lu? Which is not worth bringing Liu Hong Lu.

Having both Pursuances helps since they can't self-heal yeah. Burn's SP restoration also isn't great EGO-wise(limited to Blind Obsession I think) but they're one of the few comps that can actually make use of Whispers which helps.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 6, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yinlock posted:

Having both Pursuances helps since they can't self-heal yeah. Burn's SP restoration also isn't great EGO-wise(limited to Blind Obsession I think) but they're one of the few comps that can actually make use of Whispers which helps.

There's also Holiday if you bring Der Shooty Outis, and Fluid Sac/Representation Emitter in general if you're OK with running Grippy Faust (I admit I just straight up do because Fluid Sac is too good to resist, I don't have Liu Rodya, and Liu Gregor sucks.)

(Basically, my Burn team is Liu Ryoshu (first to get Philclair's passive), Liu Ish, Der Shooty Outis, Hong Liu, Liu Meursault, Grippy Faust.)

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I use Grippy Faust in the team. My team is LIsh, LRod, LSalt, Grippy Faust, Shooty Outis, and Philclair. Boy does Whispers help when you are first starting out.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I still use Grippy Faust in my bleed team, so....

I already liked the mirror dungeon last season, I wasn't sure they could improve on it all that much, but they found a way. I hope they keep this structure going forth.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

EGO talk reminded me I got telepole faust in my walpurgis extraction binge and I like using charge so I was hype but then I saw it takes the same slot as fluid sac and I was like. Well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

There's an N Corp specific EGO gift Fusion, you do have to take both separate chapter 3 packs to have a chance at it, but also those packs are piss easy which means N Corp Best Squad for MD4H definitely.