Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrakIris
Oct 15, 2009
Hello thread!

I've somehow ended up in the habit of smoking a cigar pretty much every weekend [I blame my girlfriend] and am a sucker for suggestions.

So far I've enjoyed a few cigars recently:

I've really enjoyed the Rocky Patel 1992 and 1990, both as robustos,
A RyJ 1875, as well it's Nicaraguan counterpart
My roommate tends to get AF Chateau Fuentes, the maduro wrapper and I've enjoyed a few puffs off of those.
I'm planning a Leaf by Oscar Corojo Robusto this weekend as earlier in the thread people were raving about it.
And I think an Avo but I forgot to save the band or write it down, so thats guessing by going back and looking at bands to compare with my memory, I think it was the Avo Syncro Fogata

A local liquor chain has a good walk-in humidor who normally has a person sitting around for recommendations, but he recently got rather ill leaving me without a guide to this daunting world.

A little over a decade ago I briefly got into cigars, and vaguely remember enjoying one of the Nubs I tried, but damned if I can recall which it was.

I had a Olivia Series V recently and honestly didn't care too much for it, bit overwhelming to my palette.

Annyway, hope everyone is winding towards a good weekend, I'll be catching up with the thread [am on page 31 currently.]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakIris
Oct 15, 2009
Had the Leaf this weekend and it was really good! I think I'm going to try one of the darker wrappers on it soon

DrakIris
Oct 15, 2009

Kenning posted:

The Leaf corojo is the best, imo, although a buddy of mine favors the Connecticut. The maduro wasn't bad, but it felt less complex than the corojo, but I'm also less of a maduro fan overall.

Just moved into a friends' place for a couple months as a bridge to my next apartment, and they've got a nice yard. More importantly, it's not directly on the coast so my cigars aren't going to be nearly as wet. Trying to decide what to smoke to celebrate the relocation.

I rather liked it! Not sure if I liked it more than the RP vintage 1990, but close? I think I like the 1992 more, but the Leaf is so nicely constructed and I'm a sucker for not wasting plastic

DrakIris
Oct 15, 2009

NewFatMike posted:

Padron or LAT bb.

Leaf by Oscar corojo lancero is S+ tier smoke

I may have to give it a try! I've been mostly smoking robustos and the occasional petite corona, the former mostly because I smoke noticeably faster than my roommate D:

DrakIris
Oct 15, 2009

NewFatMike posted:

[...]
Check out the My Father Le Bijou 1922 and La Opulencia petite Coronas — they’re a mega treat!

Will do! The place I've been hitting up has a pretty big stock of My Father, I've been eyeing the H-2K-CT as well