Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I have amassed 500 some cigars from some rare Fuentes, that are worth more I would EVER fuckiny pay, to Cubans and everything in between. I have gone from smoking 2 a day while working to basically none. I am back to dabbling in cigars and feel meh about most I've had.
I feel is time to go back to the pipe. What are websites people use to get pipe tobacco these days?? PipesandCigars do not ship to Utah and would like to try to snag some holiday tinsel if they are still floating around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Is the Utah restriction due to some state law? You may need to find a local source, then.

Sadly yes, we pay a nasty tax. I've always found cigar places that will still ship to me but some won't. Your blends sound great btw

On a whim I hit up my local B&M and grabbed 3oz of Afternoon delight and the house blend similar to 1q(which i remember smoking) a corn cob pipe and they, luckily, had Crinkle Flake 2020.
Just those 4 things set me back 65 bucks or so. Hence why I'd rather go online as I'm paying nearly 5 bucks an ounce lol.

That being said, sitting in my car on a lunch break and enjoying a bowl was so very refreshing and relaxing. I mostly forgot how enjoyable smoking a pipe is.

Edit: kinda dumb but I'm excited to get home and use my Nording pipe. Gotta find a way to smoke outside as mornings and evenings are in the maybe 20's.

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 28, 2020

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Currently working 7 days a week, gotta love my Job this time of year, so smoking a pipe again is FANTASTIC. If I have to set it down, I'm not effectively wasting a chunk of my smoke like a cigar.
It is also very enjoyable to be able to vary my smoke times. Last night, first time in years smoking a pipe again, i was maybe 30 minutes a bowl.
This morning before work? A solid 45 minutes watching the sunrise. It was super relaxing.

I've been catching up on the thread and I am happy to see it being quite active. Very exciting stuff.

Anywho, I'm hunting for a new pipe. I only have my beastly Nording pipe, which I love, and some corn cobs. Poking around at smokingpipes and deciding if I want to try a different company. A shorter, more traditional, pipe is super appealing. Your pipe looks great NFM! I'll check out that company some today

Ordered this lighter:
https://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/lighters/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=244373

Excited for this to come in. Kiribi Takara Brass

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 29, 2020

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

NewFatMike posted:

That thing is wild as hell.

Also, this green Rattray Fachen pipe is rad as fucccccckkkkkk. I'm so glad I ordered a bunch of 6mm and 9mm balsa filters because this thing whips rear end. I'm 'gized to get a 9mm Kulu metal filter, but this is definitely a great smoke.

e: didn't realize it's a new page, so this one:

The more I look at this pipe, the more I want either the same one or one similar!
Is that considered a bulldog shape or a Rhodesian?
What number fachen is that as I can't find it on smokingpipes?

Thanks

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

NewFatMike posted:

They've got it listed as a Rhodesian, here's the original listing:

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Rattrays/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=393190

Glad you like it! I love it myself.

Now I'm browsing every Rhodesian and bulldog I can find. Staring at this bad boy thinking of grabbing it

I'm trying to justify the cost when I could maybe grab 2 other pipes but it's so pretty and I only have Nording + corn cob pipes currently. Corn cobs stay in my car for work smokes
Peterson, Savinelli and Rattrays are on my list of pipes to add.
So many pipes to choose from, hard to decide.

In case the pic doesn't show
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=389594

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Whelp in a somewhat surprising turn after going through literally 100's of different pipes with relatively "normal" looks I decided to just say screw it and grab

https://imgur.com/a/q9Ng8aQ

Peterson Christmas 2020(406) Fishtail
&
Savinelli Saint Nicholas 2017(321)

Reviews for both seemed really positive, they are unique in colour and I have thing for bent Bulldogs and/or Rhodesian esq shapes.
I enjoy clinching my pipes so straight stems don't really do it for me.
Hope to get them this week with my fancy new lighter!

Now to track down some new tobacco....

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 1, 2020

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

NewFatMike posted:

Oh man those are both fantastic! I've had to very deliberately slow my roll with the house and move coming up.

Placed one last order of tobacco that should last the year. Bittersweet, doing the last of something, but new horizons are always ahead!

Anyone find anything good seasonally? Davidoff have released their new Chinese zodiac smoke. I had one year of the rat and wasn't impressed, but I'll try anything once.

Hurts when you gotta make that last order for a while but it's for a good cause!

Nothing seasonal but I managed to snag:
CAO Visions(Limited release) as I enjoy Cameroon wrappers
Aladino Corojo Reserva No. 4(limited release)
S&R Lanceros(Limited release)
HVC Black Friday(Limited release)
Viaje Skull & Bones Mystery(limited release)
Another Box of the Menelik by Foundation

I might not smoke cigars much at all right, I use to smoke 2 a day everyday, but I still try to grab things now and then. My ghettodor is full so I send out bombs pretty regularly to get things knocked back down.

Pre-Covid I was setting up a Cigar/Scotch night to get people into the hobby. I was going to supply pretty much everything the first few meets just to get it going......and BAM! Shut down. Oh well.

edit: oh here's a pic of my upcoming cigars since it did not load on the app properly
https://imgur.com/a/q9Ng8aQ

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Shame about the RASS, they are my favorite cuban. For a number a years I always kept 2 boxes aging and one to smoke.

Got my fancy Kiribi Takara lighter in brass
http://imgur.com/a/VcL3b64

After trying the Savinelli Janus yesterday, I had to grab the whole family today
http://imgur.com/a/xrxJPxD

While my palate is kinda lovely for Pipe tobacco currently, vs when I have a Scotch, this is what I got

--Opening the tin, it has a nice presentation. Well pressed together and easily flakes apart. No drying needed
--On the nose, pre light, reminded me of green apples, grassy notes and funk. Not too much like a good Jamaican rum funk but still unique. Almost musty. Unique and....strangely enticing
--Palate, grassy sweet notes with a spice sensation. The sweet note comes and goes. I felt like I was chasing the sweetness in waves.

From my 1st half bowl to my 3rd of the day I really enjoyed it.
Retrohaling helped open it up more for me.

Snuck in a quick half bowl of the Jupiter and REALLY liked it. It struck me as good to read to or whatever as it isn't one you have to constantly pay attention to for nuisances but once you retrohale it gets sooooo much better.
I'll right thoughts when I can enjoy a full bowl later today.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

NewFatMike posted:

They've got it listed as a Rhodesian, here's the original listing:

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Rattrays/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=393190

Glad you like it! I love it myself.

This is, basically, back in stock as I'm torn between this, another Nording pipe or another Peterson

Either this Nording https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Nording/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=406821
This Peterson
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=404195

Or a pipe maker I don't know. As long as it's slightly bent, I'm interested lol

I need something to go with my handy dandy 7 pipe rack from my kids. 1 for each day of the week(not counting cobs)

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
It's ridiculous how good nubs are for the price.
I haven't smoked in a while so on a ride along at work.....means cigar and pipe time.
Savinelli Janus pipe tobacco and a choice of Southern Draw Firethorn, La Aurora Diamond and something from Privada I've been sitting on for ages. No reason but it's the Corojo Edgar Julian

Sadly still gotta be picky about where I order from as I'm in Utah :(

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Kenning posted:

Is the issue with Utah a legal one, or is it that your cigars dry out in transit cause you're in the desert?

Legal. Most places won't ship here but there are a few companies that ignore this
Cubans aren't an issue but Cigars International, Atlantic cigar company and a few other "big" companies are a no go.
Pipe tobacco is harder to get sent this way honestly then Cigars. My humidor has a good 500+ Cigars but pipe tobacco I keep maybe 6 to 8 tins on hand

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 7, 2021

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Having a A. Fuente Destino al Siglo and a Liga T52 for my work cigars today. It's a good day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Breaking my vaping habit, i went without smoking for like 2 years, and getting back into cigars and pipes as I miss them.
Jumped on Black Lion luxuries COTM and just got my first shipment:
Oliva Serie V Melanio
Dapper Desvaldio Disla Corona Gorda
Crowned Heads Mil Dias Maduro Edmundo
CAO Brazilia box press
United Firecracker Black Bomb

Waiting to join Small Batch Cigar $50 COTM (always loved what I got from these guys) + a box of DTT Sobremesa Brulee and now I'm tracking down a falcon pipe. Need a pretty bowl thats actually on stock in somewhere.

Excited to have my first work cigar tomorrow. I miss work cigars