Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

this links back to Ep 8 fyi

Thank you for letting me know, I'm going to fire my manager!

Even though I've updated the links in the OP and new post, I'll re-post this to make sure:

Edit: Also, new page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
So not having played the original game, was Joey's personality always like that? Because it makes turning him into some wise all-benevolent messianic figure that much more weird and hilarious.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

So not having played the original game, was Joey's personality always like that? Because it makes turning him into some wise all-benevolent messianic figure that much more weird and hilarious.

Joey's personality was like that long before the promotion. In the original game, his first shell was that of a cleaning robot with similar functions. He had a couple of new, short-lived upgrades before attaining diety status.

The original game was rewritten to make Joey and Foster have more comedic lines and interaction as the original script was deemed too dark. One of my earliest memories of the first game is Joey telling Foster to jump over a railing and that was in released version. Dark, but but it was comedic.

I LP'd the original game earlier this year, the link is in the OP and on the archives. You can check the comparisons out further there if you want too.

I'm still in contention about a lot of things between this game and the last and I fear that a lot of things won't be resolved.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I don't feel like Alonso is any kind of upper-level villain, but he's definitely not going to be sorry if he gets any solid evidence against you.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh Joey, very glad to have you back.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hey just wanted to pop in and say I’ve been watching this LP and it’s pretty great!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Yeah! I've been really appreciating this and your Beneath a Steel Sky LPs! :)

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, Foster gets a change of clothes, has issues with some bunting and he also goes to the recycling plant to meet some friendly new characters.

Polsy posted:

I don't feel like Alonso is any kind of upper-level villain, but he's definitely not going to be sorry if he gets any solid evidence against you.

This is true, we do have the council to deal with after all. Alonso is most likely someone who takes his job far too seriously.

Samovar posted:

Oh Joey, very glad to have you back.

It seems like there's going to be a common theme with the first.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hey just wanted to pop in and say I’ve been watching this LP and it’s pretty great!

Anticheese posted:

Yeah! I've been really appreciating this and your Beneath a Steel Sky LPs! :)

Thank you, I'm glad that you're enjoying the LP (and BASS) :)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Maybe it's me just getting older, but Monty Python is nowhere near as funny as I first though it was.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

That Ned Kelly robot wasn't as lethal as I expected

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I kinda groaned the first time that I heard the lines. It's a bit hard to keep a 45 year old joke fresh that has been flogged more times than the metaphorical dead horse.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, Foster lends a hand, enters the Hellfire club and then speaks to a man about his port. A lot happens in this video, there are a few surprises, some action and a lot of dialogue. I don't want to spoil anything as there's a lot of plot advancement in this episode.

Bonus Videos

I'm going to record more additional dialogue and scenes soon as they're starting to build up. I spent some time this evening in the museum and have recorded a couple of videos. The first video is the exhibitions being explained to us in full by their own methods, this one includes the exhibits in the second room. The second video only contains the hackable exhibits in the first room, I've recorded their dialogue with each of the other personalities that are available to them. Timestamps are included in the video descriptions.

Museum Exhibits

Spankles Exhibit, Children's Exhibit, Council Exhibit, Asio City Exhibit, MINOS Exhibit, The Story Of Joey (Parts 1-5), Spunky, Refrigeration Unit, Public Music, Life In The Gap, City Power, LINC, Joey's Circuits, Holographic Map, Barrel Transporter Robot, Antique Map & The Organism.

Museum Exhibits (Remixes)

Spankles Exhibit (Default - Crazily) - Excitedly, Enticingly, Gently, Calmly, & Aggressively.
Children's Exhibit (Default - Excitedly) - Crazily, Enticingly, Gently, Calmly, & Aggressively.
Asio City Exhibit (Default - Enticingly) - Crazily, Excitedly, Gently, Calmly, & Aggressively.
MINOS Exhibit (Default - Gently) - Crazily, Excitedly, Enticingly, Calmly, & Aggressively.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ach, it makes me sad when you recognize that people forgot to standardize the spell checking for the subtitles. Occasionally when Leet mentions Schriebmann ports it's spelled 'ei', which I only noticed 'cause I would have expected it to be pronounced 'Shr-aye-b-mann' with that vowel arrangement.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I was meaning to post this yesterday but some important real-life stuff was happening.

In this episode, Foster enters Lincspace, takes a trip into MINOS and then goes to see a woman about her bilby.

Bonus Video

This video features additional dialogue and scenes from the museum and a couple of scenes from gameplay from shortly afterwards.

Additional Scenes & Dialogue (Part 3)

Talking With Cecily, Talking About Cecily, Joey's Calm Arm (Default - Gentle), Joey's Crazy Arm, Joey's Excited Arm, Joey's Aggressive Arm, A No-Deal Exit, Too Slow With The Fridge, Talking To Joey About Escaping, Vacuum Robot Manual, T80 Manual, Finding Alonso, You Must Gather Your d-RYD.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

They missed an opportunity to have LINC be in the old 2D pixel style. Shame.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Samovar posted:

They missed an opportunity to have LINC be in the old 2D pixel style. Shame.

I'd have been very impressed if they pulled something like that off. Part of me was hoping that they would have gone retro but they got some of the old vibes in there.

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
Enjoyed the knowing quip from Leet about "reboots being fine but not a patch on the original".

You really should have thrown that Bilby into the incinerator, can see that tracking chip causing nothing but trouble.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Mighty Steed posted:

Enjoyed the knowing quip from Leet about "reboots being fine but not a patch on the original".

You really should have thrown that Bilby into the incinerator, can see that tracking chip causing nothing but trouble.

I will show it off in a separate video. There is a reason why I didn't in the main LP, I found something out by accident a short while ago: Apparently there are two separate endings and they rely upon Songbird's attitude towards you. I have already completed the interview successfully in the main LP so I'll stick to being on her good side when I can. I might replay the game and put together a compilation video on the choices that effect the endings.

Also: There will be a death reel at the end of the LP too.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There was a man called Foster
Who befriends a d-RYD on the roster
To get into the gala
And continue this saga
They need to steal from the poet master

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

There was a man called Foster
Who befriends a d-RYD on the roster
To get into the gala
And continue this saga
They need to steal from the poet master

I actually like Tarquin's limerick, although my personal favourite still has to be:

There was a man from Timbuktu,
who got limericks and haikus confused.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this video, Foster gets changed, takes Songbird to the Aspiration gala and then proceeds to spoil it for everyone!

I'm going to start recording additional scenes and dialogues soon, it's been fairly busy here lately.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Foster's suit sure makes a statement.

I mean, I'm not sure WHAT statement, but it's making it.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
"Taste is a value that doesn't belong in Union City"

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There are some major plot advancements in this video which include a couple of lengthy cut scenes.

Bonus Video

This video covers the preparation of the Aspiration Gala, the Recycling Centre and everything before starting the storyline involving Tarquin's poem.

Additional Scenes & Dialogue (Part 4)

Talking Shop With Joey, Showing Our Inventory To Orana, Feedback From P4R-T, Trying To Leave Without Joey, Feeding The Crusher, Crazy Jimmy, Putting The Bilby Down, A Happy Songbird.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I have to admit I was expecting the kids to be looking like some kind of cyborg. Cool to see this play out!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Jeez. Talk about the duality of man Joey.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Maybe Ken Joey's been forcibly reprogrammed by the Council, but if they could do that, why didn't they reprogram or trash the circuit board of him as well? Seems like one hell of a loose end to leave just sitting around.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Maybe Ken Joey's been forcibly reprogrammed by the Council, but if they could do that, why didn't they reprogram or trash the circuit board of him as well? Seems like one hell of a loose end to leave just sitting around.

Perhaps the circuit board data simply got uploaded to the brain and Ken Joey turned out over time very differently from the master disk Joey. As for the board, it probably just got thrown into storage until they needed to furnish the museum where they found the original master board of Joey and hoped it would be just like Ken Joey.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 15, 2020

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I didn't even think about trying to remove Joey's chip in Beneath as there was no real need too. The people who discovered it probably didn't realise the significance of it as Joey the Saviour was sentient and the chip was just sitting there with Joey on the label. It probably ended up in the museum when they plugged it in and it started talking to them, it was then treated as a curiosity and then turned into an exhibition.

We uploaded Joey's personality onto a computer which then installed the information into the android, it's entirely feasible that his programming has either been altered or hacked. The flip side of the coin is that JtS hasn't been altered and is down there by choice.

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
My speculation earlier in the thread about there maybe being two Joeys was speculation based on the board being in the museum vs the story of JtS and not any intent to spoil! Sorry if it didn't come across like that.

It is really weird how the game hasn't addressed that and left the player to figure it out. Don't like blatant exposition but feels like a dialogue chain with Joey was missed somewhere or cut from the script.

Good to see the android finger returning, Chekhov's gun style.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Mighty Steed posted:

My speculation earlier in the thread about there maybe being two Joeys was speculation based on the board being in the museum vs the story of JtS and not any intent to spoil! Sorry if it didn't come across like that.

It is really weird how the game hasn't addressed that and left the player to figure it out. Don't like blatant exposition but feels like a dialogue chain with Joey was missed somewhere or cut from the script.

Good to see the android finger returning, Chekhov's gun style.

There's nothing to be sorry about, it's fine to speculate. Just because it came true it doesn't mean that you need to apologise for it.

There's a lot of things that need addressing at the moment and the game is showing no signs of stopping to do so. It would have been nice if there was some banter between Foster and Joey about various things while you're walking around from one place to the next.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, Foster returns to the recycling centre, to Minos and then hopefully returns to sanity. We get a little back and forth between Foster and Joey which is something that I've been wanting ever since they reunited. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long. This episode primarily focuses on the recycling centre area of the game, something tells me that we won't be returning here.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I wonder if Raquel is what happens when this process is allowed to complete. Also kinda suspect this is happening because Joey might not have made things unequal enough for the eventual Council, but when they took over they couldn't keep people from leaving and had to have somebody be their lessers.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Wait a tick, when did Foster get the time to change clothes after the gala?!

Edit: bluh, that's what I get commenting before watching the whole video.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 21, 2020

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Maybe the powers that be went back to the apartment and picked up his clothes before plugging him into the machine?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, Foster helps the children escape, deals with an ongoing nuisance and hears more about Wendell's sausage than we need to know. This episode is shorter compared to the others as I felt like it was a self-contained segment of the game. I also didn't talk a whole lot during the hacking sequences, I should have been explaining the process but I was concentrating on remembering how to actually complete each sequence.

Additional Scenes & Dialogue (Part 5)

I believe that I've caught up to the current episode. There are only four clips but two of them are fairly lengthy, "Wash Pin Bowling" can be done at any time and I only found out about it since the achievements became active.

Wash Pin Bowling, Leaving For The Gala Without Songbird, The Private Poem Recital, Alternate Response to Piermont.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

You're just going to leave the circuit board behind, Foster? Not even going to check to see if it's salvageable? :thunk:

I guess that's par for the course given the first game, and it's more dramatic this way, but still...

e: Like, sure, the shell got shot to pieces, but they look like a lot larger pieces than the circuit board, and depending on where the circuit board was placed it might be undamaged.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 27, 2020

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You're just going to leave the circuit board behind, Foster? Not even going to check to see if it's salvageable? :thunk:

I guess that's par for the course given the first game, and it's more dramatic this way, but still...

e: Like, sure, the shell got shot to pieces, but they look like a lot larger pieces than the circuit board, and depending on where the circuit board was placed it might be undamaged.

Even if the circuit board was in pieces, Foster still should have at least salvaged it. If not for in hopes of future repair, then at least to give him some sort of farewell service later on. I haven't played on any further than the opening sequence of the next segment but I'm itching to see if Joey does make a return or not. I'm hoping Foster has some salvage in his inventory in the next part or at least have something hidden away for a future scene. As much as I'm enjoying this game, there's some serious lack of details in certain areas.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Yeah I was really let down by that too :( they also could have talked about Other Joey there and how no, that's not Foster's friend anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Bummer.