Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

rope kid posted:

EDIT: gently caress, that desert ramble route. The elevation cyclist has logged on.

60' per mile isn't outrageous for bike packing (unpaved) routes is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Gravelking SK+ 26x2.1?

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Having ridden both a LHT and a number of Treks of that vintage, I'll say the LHT will be much stiffer than the old Treks. Especially noticeable when unloaded. I used my LHT for years as a commuter and over time I came to realize it's not a great ride for around the town stuff. Sure it is capable but just not all that fun.

On the other hand LHTs will have room for much wider tires, more cage mounts, and the option for disc brakes which is really nice.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Bottom Liner posted:

TNGA report

Close to 60 hours moving, 40k elevation, and about 9 hours of sleep.
Great ride and great trip report. Care to share a Strava link?

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
The KukuP is actually very nice.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Mauser posted:

Friend invited me to do C&O trail from Cumberland, MD to Pittsburgh in the Spring so I'm getting ready. Front panniers haven't arrived yet, but here's a preview.

The front rack just barely fit around the disc brakes, which is why it's nowhere close to being level.

In the meantime though, I'm loving set up for getting groceries!
Color coordination on point! Lol at that front rack alignment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
I really enjoy Brooks Cascadias for hiking and backpacking. I've owned the various revisions over the past 7 or 8 years. They work fine when riding around on flat pedals.