Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

first time with a tubeless setup and my rear tire has a slow leak

I have a plug kit, would it be reasonable to find the leak and plug it and keep riding on it or should I just be replacing the tire or looking for something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

from 40psi to 20psi in 2-3 days

it seems to level out at 20

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sentient Data posted:

Is there even a point in going tubeless? The only benefit I see people calling out is running at a lower psi. It feels like the fat tire bike trend all over again

the fat tire bike "trend" varies widely by region

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Clark Nova posted:

If you can find the leak, sure, plug it, but IME you often won't be able to find a puncture with tubeless. The first thing I try with a slow leak (days not hours) is to top off the sealant if it seems low then go for a 20-30 mile ride, which usually fixes it

TobinHatesYou posted:

20psi over two days should at least leave a damp spot on your tire and would probably have obviously bubbling. Are you sure you have liquid sealant in the tire? Do you have enough? Have you checked around the valve and the valve itself for leaks? Lather up that part of the rim with soapy water.

thanks, i'll mess around with it a little but I have tubes and may just pop one in if it turns out to be too much of a hassle

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I need to raise my bars, at least 20mm maybe as much as 40mm

I have this bike: https://bikes.com/products/solo-c50-23?variant=43474991120619

as far as I can tell, the stem is already at the top of the steerer tube, and the tube is carbon

what are my options?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Dog Case posted:

Completely dumb obvious question but have you already flipped the stem or is it angled downward like in the photos on that website

lmao no

According to a calculator I found that should make a 16mm difference so I'm going to go get some torque wrenches and try it before buying a new stem

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I also have a quad lock setup and while I did struggle with getting it lined up initially it didn't take that long to get the hang of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

What are some easy troubleshooting things I can do for hydraulic brakes before I take it to the shop?

My gravel bike is the first bike I've owned with hydraulics and the rear brakes have gotten super soft but the front brakes are fine. Not sure how to even start with these.