Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I remember whenever Cait Sith/Octopus Magic would post about his DSM 4G63T people would reply with “lol crankwalk”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The Linux Fairy posted:

I'm not nostalgic for the bad old days -- the dasvolk era -- of IRC. I'm sad we -- and I -- didn't do more about it then; when we finally got rid of dasvolk for good, the quality of the IRC went way up, but it was ultimately too late, and the damage was done: the good posters were gone, and all that was left were folks who put up with him and his ilk for too long. Das Volk was an out-and-out nazi (it was years until I understood what his username '1v1r1f' meant), and we should have gotten rid of him long before.
I had no idea about this but it explains some odd interactions I had with him.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Hmmm, I always assumed my difficulty with focusing on tasks was adult ADD since a couple of my cousins have it but maybe it's due to concussions. I've had like 5 or 6 concussions from playing sports and one from falling off a 15 ft. ladder. A couple of them caused me to black out too.

Like I can focus but I find I can only do it for short periods of time them I start to feel uncomfortable all over and I have to do something else.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Yeah he posts on other forums and has his own blog.

What about DILLIGAF or Der Blitzkrieger and his Impala SS? I seem to recall DBK admitting to hitting a curb while drunk driving and messing up his car.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I remember Toucan Sam’s stories about being a car thief and owning a COPO ZL1.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Yeah the whole thing with the JP Jeep and the wrong car cover is what got people so upset. It was his fault but he tried to get everyone to go after the woman with cancer at Telltale.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

meatpimp posted:

I was looking for a story in the archives. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find this jewel from Toucan Sam:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=299195#post273632265

:stare:
I was thinking about that post the other day and was wondering what happened to him. Apparently he had a stroke so he's in rehab therapy now.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 23, 2023

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

man the style of posting on the forums has evolved somewhat since then eh
I was looking through the thread and I recognized a lot of usernames that I haven't seen post in a while. When I clicked on their profile, their last activity was all in the 2004 - 2006 range. I didn't think it had been almost 20 years since I last saw them post. :stare:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

kimbo305 posted:

Nice longer video (that I can't find on YT yet) showing the 348 and other nice vehicles:
https://cdn.shopify.com/videos/c/o/v/0cef60dc5454463b82349cf0d00e38a2.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

kimbo305 posted:

I passed by a Dinan badged E92 and had a flashback to how Das Volk talked up the insane build quality and customer service experience with getting a Dinan intake and then being mad that it was +0hp.
I remember when rope kid had his E34 and was buying DINAN upgrades. He said you got a certain amount of points for each upgrade and when you had enough points, you could buy a DINAN badge to put on your car.