Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

In 2007 everyone in AI drove an Infinity Coupe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Krakkles posted:

I mean, I didn’t, but I wanted to.

it's just like a skyline!

Same

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

16 years, still haven't contributed poo poo

That said I love reading these old stories and reminiscing about old threads. The El Cavaliero was an adventure.

Also lol the euphoria of hitting an apex in your pajamas guy.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I feel for Viggen because after I had my wreck in 2019 (rear ended on the interstate) I was in a terrible mood for about three weeks. Little things would set me off and I'd feel incredibly angry to the point I'd have to go outside in my car to scream about poo poo. It was incredibly weird and out of character for me but started to go away about a month or so after the accident.

The most bizarre part was it felt like being a passenger in my own head; I knew what was happening was not right but at the time those emotions were incredibly powerful and didn't listen to reason.

I really can't imagine what it'd be like to have those effects stick around for years. Brains are weird.

Hope all AI goons current and former stay safe and sane. What happened to Blowdog? From the UK I believe, had a custom license plate on his Porsche, and I think he had a few other fast/expensive fun cars. He was one of the people who got the rule about not asking "omg what do you do for a living?" enacted.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 2, 2021

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Seems like basic "muh rights!" poo poo to me which isn't my bag but eh...banning someone for posts on another forum seems weird. Also ilkhan still posts. (Does ilkhan still post?)

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

PainterofCrap posted:

Then there was my personal experience, in Adabiatic’s thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812091

this blew my mind at the time. Man, Adiabatic was a good mod. His "don't post about politics" bugged me at the time but if only I had known how insufferable the forums would become with politics in loving everything. Dude was right.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Does anyone remember the post where the woman said she thought her boyfriend was gay because he drove a Miata and he said he raced but "all they do is drive in circles around a bunch of cones in a parking lot?" I was thinking about that the other day and couldn't remember if it was in this forum or quoted from another car forum.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

taqueso posted:

It's somewhere in the first 100 pages of the Miata thread but I think it was just reposted from somewhere else.
drat now I want to go find it.

e: apparently it was GBS but I can't find the OP just the miata thread mention of it https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2651683&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post335237381

Hahaha, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Arson Daily posted:

back in the day minivanmegafun's avatar (the grill to a 3rd gen plymouth voyager) would make me cringe because, having been handed down one in college from my mom, it was the lamest vehicle a college age person could own. Now, seeing it, I'm filled with nostalgia for all of the good times I had in that hunk of junk and how it never left me stranded even with over 200k on the clock. 3 liter mitsu motor and 3 speed transmission was an unkillable combination in those vans, even if the motor drank a quart of NAPA's finest every tank of gas.

I always felt bad for inadvertently copying that guy's user name lol.