Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
You had to be a dog, in those days. A man couldn't be anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

dogs can play many games but they tend to get very irritated if they start losing in Risk

My brother is a dog

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
Dogs are extremely halal

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Dogs have no noses.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
A dog is a large, serpentine legendary creature that appears in the folklore of many cultures around the world.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

in the jurassic period dogs had feathers

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

cerberus isn't a three headed dog, he's six dogs with half a head each

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Dogs make their own history, but they do not make it as they please; they do not make it under self-selected circumstances, but under circumstances existing already, given and transmitted from the past.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

My pitbull "Snarls Barkley" is fine sleeping in the crib with my tiny underweight newborn. He's very kind and very protective. If anyone says anything bad about pit bulls in this thread I will poo poo AND PISS

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
The child actor Shirley Temple used to be given dogs to strangle between takes on her films to keep her relaxed and focused.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Using the words "doggo" or "pupper" will shorten the lifespan of any dog within a 500 foot radius of you by 1 month per use. This post is the only exception to this rule.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
The original wall that Wall Street is named after was built from dog carcasses

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

bossy lady posted:

Using the words "doggo" or "pupper" will shorten the lifespan of any dog within a 500 foot radius of you by 1 month per use. This post is the only exception to this rule.

there are a number of dogs whose lifespans were shortened so much so fast by rapid use of these words that it caused an integer overflow and they are now effectively immortal

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

if you put fake bunny ears on a dog it WILL hop

Fake news.
https://youtu.be/kztDMt-xS2o

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
It is possible to know the true mind of a dog.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dogs have an additional two limbs which they keep folded under their belly

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Who What Now posted:

Dogs can't look up.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Dogs can be identified by their red carapaces dotted with black spots.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
If you record yourself saying "dog" then play the recording backwards, you'll hear an infernal voice delivering a spooky message. Some scientist believe this is the voice of an ancient dog-type deity long forgotten, though others think it's just Richard Scarry, the children's author.

Around 382 BC, the Romans discovered a basal breed of dog which they called a "cave dog". They looked something like this

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
a pack of wild dogs convinced me to quit my job and abandon my wife

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
There were no dogs on the 9/11 planes, which indicates that they had advance knowledge of the attacks but not of the targets.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Dogs can only see in 2D, however they can smell in 5D! (the 5th dimension is another dog's butthole)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dogs were invented in the 1700's by the french Viscount d'Og, when he tried to give a wolf brain damage through exposure to ether fumes

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

a dog nest is a system of underground tunnels and chambers. pupae/puppies are raised in a central subterranean chamber

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

this is why you wouldn't want more than three dogs digging holes in your backyard at the same time. more is just asking for trouble

1000 Sweaty Rikers fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Aug 5, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
If your dog has red eyes when photographed with an old timey camera it means the dog is a reincarnation of one of your ancestors and you should feed them human food that they liked in their lifetime

If it doesn't then it has no soul but you should still be nice to it

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

dogs talk poo poo about you behind your back to other dogs on walks

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Bryan Adams 1991 hit single "(Everything I do) I do it for you" was ghostwritten by a Malamar Sheepdog named Buddy who sadly passed away on September the 11th 2001 after deliberately crashing American Airlines Flight 11 into the North Tower of the World Trade Center.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

dogs bark because they are made of trees

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you say Jesus backwards you get a dog :pray:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Dogs don't care about you

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The Baha Men's hit single "Who Let The Dogs Out" was a question asked in earnest after several dogs belonging to group member Anslem Douglas escaped through an open gate.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

The dog, is.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Everyone thinks dogs are mammals but per the botanical definition, they are actually a fruit

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
On the 12th of June of 1956 a small Pomeranian named Skip became the first dog on the moon after mistaking it for a tennis ball thrown by his owner Douglas "Doug" Richardson. On the 13th of June 1956 Skip destroyed the Earth and all that dwell upon her when he bought it back.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Hammerite posted:

Everyone thinks dogs are mammals but per the botanical definition, they are actually a fruit

It's true, seeds on the inside!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The Lennon/McCartney song "Martha" was written about Paul's ten-foot-tall English hellhound

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

It's true, seeds on the inside!

I just inspected a dog carcass and didn't find any seeds inside :(

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I had a friend who was into dogs once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Neutering male dogs is actually counterproductive as the severed balls just grow into new dogs