Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I finished the first book and started the 2nd. So far I’m pretty surprised at the difference in tone/voice. Also she had to do some world building lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Does the 2nd book ever stop being a corpse filled fever dream or is it like this the whole time

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Working on Harrow still, the scene where she tries to kill Ortus 1 at dinner with the marrow from her own tibia ruled

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

mdemone posted:

Is that the scene where John says "okay, stop."

It is, yeah.

Also I just finished Harrow the Ninth. Digesting it still, I had kind of expected the twist but didn’t predict how it came about. I like that Ortus Nigenad was given a chance to redeem himself. He went from a very pathetic character to a hero and you don’t see that often.. I think the author does a really good job of making the side characters complex. I loved the reveal that Harry’s temporal lobe adjustment also caused her to get Gideon the First’s name wrong too. I am a bit shocked at how few of the letters were opened, though. I felt like that was going to be a bigger thing.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

The soup scene being the Patricia vine was perfect

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

What if the planet has bad vibes or is simply unpleasant to be around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

mewse posted:

You complete one abandoned book series and then everyone proposes you to finish every other book series everywhere until the end of time

Honestly if you get a reputation for it in other industries then it’s not that unusual. I have a feeling, for example, very few people know how many beloved scripts Carrie Fisher finished/doctored/overhauled. It’s fun to think about who would finish a series if for whatever reason the original author can’t do it, but also a little ghoulish