Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

Burger with a sword thru it like a fancy toothpick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

Rand Brittain posted:

Muscular woman sadly attempts to eat burger through skull-painted gasmask.

That's just Gideon's Google search history

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

i just binged the hell out of GtN and HtN and my big takeaway is this is just warhammer 40k but with space lesbians instead of space marines

My husband is trying to sell me on reading the Warhammer Eisenhorn books by describing them as "basically what would happen if Jod could never leave the Mithraeum for Reasons and the Lyctors didn't all just fuckin die fighting space godzillas immediately"

I don't know if that's accurate but it definitely increased their appeal for me.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

I wound up in the fifth house, so I suppose it falls upon me to remind all of y'all fourth house members to tidy your room and don't stare at the shadow cultists. It's impolite and they're probably more afraid of you than you are of them, after all.

lmao I love the fact that she put this extremely mid 2000's internet quiz together. I feel like I should link it in my livejournal profile.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I read The Dawhounds cause Tamzyn recommended it and that was a pretty good waiting for Nona book.

Except now I also have to wait for that book’s sequel. gently caress.

That's how they get you. You get addicted to that particular flavor of humor thinly coating a primal, human scream of sorrow and longing, and then you end up with a whole bookshelf full of New Zealand authors.

... Also if anything bad happens to Wajet in book two I will probably cry.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Happy Landfill posted:

Awesome Burger shirt on Etsy from a seller who makes some pretty kickass Book Shirts. Bookseller I follow on Twitter (who has a running count of copies of GtN that she's sold to people) bought one and it's great

https://www.etsy.com/listing/126826..._active_3&crt=1

Yeah it's payday so I immediately bought one

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Fourth, twice, even when I chose a few different answers, it's apparently just ingrained in me.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

Coronabeth really, really wants to be the one who gets eaten.

His name is John.

I'm pretty sure John is the first, and the ninth is locked away in the tomb, probably being driven around by Harrow now if the 3 card soul monty is accurate

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

I just got Nona and I cannot believe I failed to predict Nona's dark secret, which is that she is made of BONES. It's bones all the way down!

Nona more like bona amirite

...I'll see myself out

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Finished it in under 24 hours, thanks to the help of my daughter who woke me up at 4:30am.

Extreme ending spoilers, but my one big question is how did Jod end up with Gideon's body in the first place? It was solidly in Edenite control in As Yet Unsent.

Also, big lol about wearing friendship bracelets with Ianthe. Prince Friends Forever!

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Happy Landfill posted:

Now that Nona's out I really want to know which meme Tamsyn slipped past her editor before he could catch it. When he spoke with One Flesh One End podcast, Carl had mentioned there was one in there that he didn't catch until someone who had read the ARC had pointed it out to him and I desperately need to know which one it was

...I wanted to put spoiler tags on an imgur upload from awfulapp and it didn't work. please ignore me.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Senerio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58wcEfJuwQg

Someone made an animatic of Jod's storyline from Nona

I love that song, and also this animatic

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Pyrrha had last been to the ninth to paint a nursery. John talked about being concerned about maternity a lot in the past. Anastasia's lyctorhood failed because she was pregnant, and the additional soul hosed it all up.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Aranan posted:

What's the word for lobotomy but for your butt?

Glutectomy? Buttotomy?

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Everyone posted:

In space no one can hear you... barf.

That would have been a relief for Harrowhark

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Yesterday at dinner my kid told me that he has twelve skulls hidden in the cupboard, and that his sister has four extra skulls, but he can't tell me where those are because it's a secret.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

Kesper North posted:

get in the lyctor, shinji

Deus apate, major

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It's also directly referenced in Nona. Because kismesis is represented by the spades suit of a standard card deck, it turns ||Gideons line to Pyrrha "You're the one that spaded my mum" into a really dumb Homestuck pun.||

edit: gently caress this isn't discord

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

So just where is Harrow's personality while her body is being occupied by whatever it is

It's in the Tomb, half in Alecto's body and half in the River, re-experiencing Alecto's memories. Because Alecto and John share a soul this makes it possible for John to occasionally speak directly to present-day Harrowhark in the context of the memory. We know this because Alecto sees and remarks on Harrow's soul in her body when they return to the Tomb, along with the body of Anastasia curled up by the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

I did a Jod costume at Magfest and got one "gently caress you John Gaius" yelled at me from across the hallway by an unknown assailant. There were two Harrows, a Gideon, and a surprisingly good Isaac around.

Do you have pics? I didn't get good shots of any of the cosplay at Magfest because I was too busy gawping. As one does.