Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I just took it to be Gideon's perspective of the goings on told through an internal narrative, since Harrow had absorbed her. The circumstances of what she had done to herself told to herself since she didn't want/couldn't to do it for herself

You do have an internal narrative, right? I thought that was normal.

I would describe HtN as frustrating more than anything else. It's a good book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
50 billion light years is beyond the edge of the universe, relatively speaking. It is 93bn ly from edge to edge. This is probably relevant in some respect, either an unreliable narrator sense or a narrative clue to nature of their universe or the river.

I do wonder what Mercy(?) meant by John's crusade. Is he after whoever wrecked the star?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
No no, he's your dad, with a kiwi accent.

Whether you like him or not. :colbert:

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Perhaps the Emperor's way to attain lictorhood was there being a willing sacrifice, but it leaves an empty vessel lictor, as it's soul chose not to be in it anymore.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I think I missed a lot of the jokes by listening to the audiobook (excellently narrated though it is). I will have to give it a visual go.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
What kind of scan/copy traceability is there in arcs? Like a purposely miss spelt word here and there.

Also, what is the purpose of arcs a full year ahead (or is it less than that?) of general publication? Surely any buzz would have fizzled out long before.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Some of them will become relevant, apparently.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
That depends, are you talking internal narrative 2nd person present? I've had fun writing short stories like that but I imagine it would become insufferable in a longer format, or with multiple pov characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Happy Landfill posted:

How's everyone holding up?

I thought it was summer 25 release?