Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I thought the incredible vocabulary was really good at conveying just how weird and messed up it is inside Harrow's head, especially after seeing her from the outside in the first book.

Like from Gideon's POV it's easy to go 'wow what an rear end in a top hat' but reading Harrow it feels like the poor girl is barely lucid half the time :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

Edit: what the heck is up with imgur? Is there no way to generate image links any more and only embed links?

Gotta get them engagement stats for your favourite Content Creatoures, then sell the data to a man in a trenchcoat on the Moscow subway.

E: lol and, as I tried to view more than 3 posts on that link, you must also download the app so we can cross check your interests, browsing time, predicted mood, GPS coordinates, implied politics...

gently caress social media

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 3, 2020

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Was it ever explcitly stated why God made the Lyctors unecessarily kill their cavaliers? Would having a live cavalier allow them to become as powerful as him?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I myself am sporting an excellent house skull from page 3 of this thread!

Was sorely tempted by a 'we do bones, motherfucker' but I like the Sixth skull more.

E: there's a spine fund joke in here somewhere

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

They are such good books to re-read. There's a bit I totally forgot where Gideon bursts in on Corona practicing with a sword, Babs and Ianthe turn up and get mad, and Gideon leaves all "I don't know what's up with them and really don't want to"

In hindsight oh poo poo she really did want Ianthe to merge with her instead, and was trying to prove she's as good a duelist as anyone else.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If nothing else, there's the little remarked upon fact that practicing necromancy on a planet starts a chain reaction that will, over generations purge it of all life and force the inhabitants to be relocated.

From anyone else's perspective I reckon the houses are a plague of death

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

mdemone posted:

It's already a cherished trilogy no matter what the third one does.

Harrow, you need to pick the red skull to destroy necromany forever, the blue skull to control the resurrection beasts or the green skull to make everyone undead.

Man and skellington can never coexist otherwise.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

You thought you were haunted by a scary necromancer, but it was old Mr Dadjokes all along!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Why do they have to use this absurd sanitised language instead of just saying 'there was a sex creep who made other contributors uncomfortable, too many people expressed displeasure so we booted the weirdo'?

If that is even what happened, it's 11.50 and I couldn't slog to the end of that blending of corporate press release and Oprah interview.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ahhh that's even worse I at least thought they might be right

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

To me he's that artist's rendition of Julius Caesar as Some Guy:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Three for the gleam of a jewel or an updoot

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

My boy Sex Pal is doing fine

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

My Immortal auteur confirmed by implication????

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

One meat, one lessons learned appraisal

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

(6th house variant obvs)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Fourth again! lovely teen Noble scion

Cmon man look at my av DID I STUTTER

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

cptn_dr posted:

https://twitter.com/ElixirLibris/status/1563386073086304257

Was this entire hobby building up to making this one incredibly stupid joke?

:krad: FOURTH HOUSE RULES :krad:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'm not really sure either. My theory is that like many dictatorships, there is one regular military (Second) and one revolutionary guard esque loyalist force that keeps everyone else in line as well as fighting.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Welp having finished Nona on Christmas day I have only two things to say

Cam & Pal 5eva <3 <3 <3

gently caress YOU TED FARO!!!!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Nona doesn't need a new t shirt right now

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*skelly in the stands* booooooo

booooooooooo

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Is anyone clear on the exact distinction between thanergy and thalergy? Thanergy seems to occur at the point of death/decay, and becomes self sustaining if it gets a biosphere to start eating away at.

But if thalergy is the opposite and relates to living things then that doesn't seem to be any barrier to using it for traditional spooky skeletons and flesh mounds.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

How girl get lyector

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Get in line thou big slut

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Harold Fjord posted:

Yeah but he had good intentions

cows look at sunsets too

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

exmarx posted:

real-world ethnicities

just varieties of space goth.

Excuse me????
_________/

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Also there are enough inconsistencies in his tale in Nona that you do wonder if he's dressing up how useful his cryonics project actually was, how good his intentions were, or even how deliberate the plan to evacuate Elon Musk with all his Lambos really was

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think it's pretty clear that the houses use John's enlightened crypt-o-currency :skeltal:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Weyulll if you ask local people outside your ivory tower you'll find the Crypt of the Ashen Skull has brought a lot of jobs to the town

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Benagain posted:

"what can I do to make it better and earn forgiveness" nothing you colossal rear end. nothing.

lmao are we sure he wasn't a corpo?

We would like to apologise unreservedly for any offense we have caused. We love our community and have failed to live up to our standards and mission statement. We promise to do better and have made a donation to Skills4Skulls...

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

As you can see, the weird thing going on is that Gideon is Harrow's bodyguard.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*extremely kiwi accent* cahs look it sunsuts too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'm so glad I have almost zero awareness of any detail at all around homestuck because I think it would have ruined these novels for me

E: oh Jod what a snipe :skeltal: