Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.

neongrey posted:

I'm a lot more sympathetic to not giving an author poo poo for delays when they don't spend years promising "next year soon for real!" for years until they stop, george but feast for crows killed all my interest there anyway

so, you know, hope things improve for tamsyn soon lookin forward to the book but you know, the book's not the most important thing in this sentence

It also really changes things that she's apparently got something going on that's messing her up whereas GRRM just spent the last twenty years perfectly fine but utterly unable to finish his series. If we get to 2034 and are still waiting on Alecto but Muir's releasing a "Galactic Atlas" or "Complete List of Every House Member Ever (Volume 3: Second House Part 2)", I will start feeling like it's time to give her poo poo. In the meantime, no motivation to do anything except wish her a speedy recovery and/or resolution to whatever's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.

redleader posted:

don't worry; in the worst case the backup plan is to parachute in brandon sanderson to finish the series

That makes me incredibly worried.