Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Just finished Nona, then caught up on the thread to hopefully fill in the blanks where I'm too stupid to catch subtle connections.

So thanks.

One thing I'm still unsure of, though:

Do we ever find out how John became a necromancer? Like, specifically how he "learned" all that poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Notahippie posted:

One thing that jumped out to me in Nona that I don't know if the thread talked about - apparently Lyctors take the middle name of their Cav. So Emperor John Gaius is named that to show that he is in Lyctoral union with the spirit of Gaia, as we learn in the Nona Harrowhark sections . I have to say that even with some of the hints that in retrospect were in HtN, I did not see that coming and it is one hell of a concept.

Gaius is just a Latin name, and extremely common (e. g., Gaius Julius Caesar).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaius_%28praenomen%29?wprov=sfla1

Which isn't to say it's not also for Gaia, as in the Greek name for the spirit of Earth, though.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Hiro Protagonist posted:

That's fair, I guess I was just misremembering things from the first book, because there, it seemed like Lyctorhood was a once a century/millennia opportunity with a known event (but unknown process). I'm sure I was just misremembering, though.
Also, are the "Enemies of the Nine Houses" ever expanded outside of the Resurrection Beasts (and Heralds) and BOE? Because the former seems to be something that you wouldn't be able to have a formal military fight with, and the latter sounded like a terrorist group rather than an army, which makes me wonder who the 2nd and 4th houses are fighting.

Yes. In fact, Nona is full of Blood of Eden stuff.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

A Bonedam, if you will

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Just make it animated.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Everyone posted:

So maybe Dwayne Johnson doing his Doom character?

Or Maui, but live action somehow.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

sebmojo posted:

Yeah she was gonna have a ninth house branded McRib promotion but it fell through

Surely a bone broth would be better?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

She's certainly got GUTS!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Chernobyl Princess posted:

Yesterday at dinner my kid told me that he has twelve skulls hidden in the cupboard, and that his sister has four extra skulls, but he can't tell me where those are because it's a secret.

The kids are alright

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Man, an old school LucasArts style TLT game would rule. Someone call up Telltale Games!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

They were roommates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002