Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I just finished the audio of Nona and goddamn I love this series. Heading to post #1 to read through this thread, but holy poo poo these might be my favorite books. And I adore Moria Quirk's voices throughout the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
i am 21 pages into this thread and the excitment y'all are feeling at the cover reveal of Nona is adorable.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I have now finished this thread and have nothing left but the wait for Alecto. My buddy, who's also terminally online, was delighted as I sent her the memes and fan art from this thread that she saw when they were fresh.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That reminds me, is the audio book released at the same time or do I have to wait?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hey you can't make an omelet without cracking a few planets

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That actually brings up something I was never clear on: Everything SPoiler
Who is Wake? Aside from Gideon's mom, I mean. Who is she to BoE, to Jod, to G1deon?

Did I miss something (one of the drawbacks of consuming books as audiobooks before bed) or is this a "wait for Alecto" thing?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

the power of noodle

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Happy Landfill posted:

If anyone is interested in what Homestuck is about but are unsure about actually reading because it's a) kind of an undertaking and b)maybe you're not that interested in actually reading it yourself, I highly recommend the Homestuck Made This World podcast. It's hosted by two media scholars, one of whom read it live and the other is reading it for the first time, and they go through and recontextualize it historically, based on what was going on in pop culture and the internet as it was being written. GtN is name dropped a couple times and one episode points out bits of HS writing that probably, most definitely inspired HtN. One of their patreon bonus eps also goes over the fanfic Tamsyn is most famous for writing. One of the hosts is a goon and uses the old HS threads as sort of an anchor for what was going on in parts of the fandom as things were happening. It's a great podcast and I'd highly recommend it, if I haven't already done so in this very thread.

Edit: speaking of which, I would be very interested in Michael's take on Unwanted Guest, given that he specializes in Shakespearean literature

Oh this is by the Just King Things folks. I was never into homesick back when the threads were active and still only know it through cultural osmosis.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Was this animatic ever posted here? I didn't remember seeing it when I went the thread a few months ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hRRtKfJdhI

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
just started my first relisten to Harrow and why exactly did her note tell her to check Ianthe's skull?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

I was sold on Quirk's take by the time I got to the horrible teens.

same