Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Rand Brittain posted:

Just checked, and the ebook version of Nona the Ninth has been updated to include The Unwanted Guest, if anybody was waiting for it.

Nice! Thanks for the update. Do ebooks ever retroactively update with new content, or only in the bad way? Gotta figure out if I have to repurchase it or what. Though I guess I can just go get the pdf everyone else already read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
I deleted my Kindle-format Nona off my Kindle app and redownloaded it. Worked the first time on my phone, had to do it a couple times on my iPad.

You’ll want to look for the ToC to grow a new chapter heading near the end after Acknowledgements, titled “Read on for a new, original story from the Locked Tomb universe”.

The short story was, of course, extremely good. For other new readers of it, go back to thread-page 76 for the start of people writing spoiler tags about it.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

DreamingofRoses posted:

Speaking of Shelved by Genre, has there ever been a comparison between TLT and The Book of the New Sun on Reddit or elsewhere? I listened to their episodes on that and had the strongest sense of de ja vu.
Been ages since I last read BotNS but I can kinda see them being interestingly compare/contrast’d. Somewhat epic sci-fi/fantasy blend setting, reasonably to very dark tones, unreliable narrators, whose roles in society are strongly associated with death.