Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I did wonder why adventurespec made such a big hoo-ha about being CE certified in their 2020 lineup. I was thinking about getting the Mongolia pants for winter dirt biking funtimes.

If I'm on the street, I navigate with my phone in my pocket. On the dirt I put my phone on my handlebars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

Garments in that reflective colour have that unsettling quality as if they've been edited out of reality

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I carried a portable compressor on my dirt bike and needed it a few times. It also paid for itself when I helped a guy in a 4x4 with it and he tipped me!
If you can fit it somewhere with no drama there's no reason not to.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Yeah good luck sleeping, coughing, sneezing, laughing or even breathing properly for 2 months. Ribs are rough.
Also mirroring what others have said, being unconscious for that long is no joke, it might be worth thinking really hard about the kind of dirt biking you do. Not saying don't do it, just maybe on a slower bike

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I'm sure I'll get told off for this, but I wear my shoei Mx helmet a lot in the summer. Not for high speed rides but when it's warm and you're in town the airflow is great. Also easy to hear what's going on around you.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Head injuries often look like nothing from the outside because the damage is caused by the grey matter sloshing about inside the brain box. For example, most injuries to the frontal lobe come from impacts to the back of the head.
Helmets might arrest you pretty well on impact and prevent compression injuries but you can still do yourself major harm without damaging your skull

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Are the straps similar to ROK straps? I just use those in an x formation and thread them through any convenient place. I put the rolltop opening of the bag hanging off the side so you just unroll, insert, and then close again. You could ignore the intended fixing system and do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Definitely Rain Yielding