Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Lobok posted:

I don't recognize Newfoundland as part of Canada because gently caress that post-microwave bullshit.
Before the Microwave Era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They could have Ruth/Sabra say "I joined Mossad to hunt Hydra/Nazis, but they tried to use me in ways I did not approve with, so I hit the bricks and they have me on their shitlist".

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

twistedmentat posted:

They could have Ruth/Sabra say "I joined Mossad to hunt Hydra/Nazis, but they tried to use me in ways I did not approve with, so I hit the bricks and they have me on their shitlist".

She is just a person who was born in Israel who works for the U.S. government in the movie. She isn't and has never been affiliated with the Israeli government in the movie. They announced this two years ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

Or whichever country there actually from because Israel is fake and was invented after the microwave

You can dislike Israel but claiming every country since the 1940s is a Fake Country loving sucks.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 22, 2024

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
We're getting a new Deadpool 3 trailer tomorrow.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jamesman posted:

We're getting a new Deadpool 3 trailer tomorrow.

Sorry, nothing is going to be funnier than arbitrarily deciding the geopolitical legitimacy of a country based on the invention of the microwave.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

You can dislike Israel but claiming every country since the 1940s is a Fake Country loving sucks.

I like how this definition would rule out the entire former Soviet Union.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Will Wade Wilson denounce Israel

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

What's Sabra's deal in the comics. I only recall one story with her which was X-Men Zero Tolerance which treated her as a well known entity that I had no clue about.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

mycot posted:

Sadly tankies use this to defend the invasion of Ukraine

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

mycot posted:

The definition would also rule out a potential future Palestinian state. Imagine hating Israel so much that you don't want Palestine to exist.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

It was literally taken away from Palestinians by the Allied powers who wanted a pet ethnostate in the region where all the newly made diaspora Jews could go instead of carving a chunk out of Germany, the actual aggressor, for a host of extremely racist reasons. I bring up the post-microwave thing not because I'm saying every newish country is fake (any more than all countries are fake if we're being pedantic), but because the Israeli ethnostate narrative is "actually this has been ours for over 2,000 years."

Lobok posted:

Sorry, nothing is going to be funnier than arbitrarily deciding the geopolitical legitimacy of a country based on the invention of the microwave.

God you people can be thick

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

SlimGoodbody posted:

It was literally taken away from Palestinians by the Allied powers who wanted a pet ethnostate in the region where all the newly made diaspora Jews could go instead of carving a chunk out of Germany, the actual aggressor, for a host of extremely racist reasons. I bring up the post-microwave thing not because I'm saying every newish country is fake (any more than all countries are fake if we're being pedantic), but because the Israeli ethnostate narrative is "actually this has been ours for over 2,000 years."

You do know that there are Jewish people in Israel that aren't from Europe right? Not that that would excuse your loving racist "go back to where you come from" stupidity but still.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Personally, this seems like a poor place to post about the Israel-Palestine conflict to any degree beyond "hmm, this Israeli superhero in the MCU has the potential to be extremely fraught"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which side do you guys think Wakanda would fall on the Israel/Palestine issue?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arist posted:

Personally, this seems like a poor place to post about the Israel-Palestine conflict to any degree beyond "hmm, this Israeli superhero in the MCU has the potential to be extremely fraught"

No no no, the comic book movies thread is going to buckle down and bring about peace in the Middle East.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

muscles like this! posted:

No no no, the comic book movies thread is going to buckle down and bring about peace in the Middle East.

it's about goddamn time

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

We will all unite as a people under the brilliance that is Deadpool 3.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SlimGoodbody posted:

Well yeah, we can't all be slim good bodies.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Madkal posted:

You do know that there are Jewish people in Israel that aren't from Europe right? Not that that would excuse your loving racist "go back to where you come from" stupidity but still.

Yes, and Christians and Muslims and others, and you will notice they're actually allowed to travel freely any time and anywhere they want, unlike the people they keep in a concentration camp. Also, it's not racist to call for the dismantling of a white supremacist ethnostate 👍 I hope for the dismantling of the U.S. and Canada every day!

Arist posted:

Agreed, and I'll stop henceforth because it's largely off topic and not going anywhere productive at this point. I still think Marvel picked a tough road to hoe by bringing in a character who most people, if they know of her at all, only know her from that page that percolated up where Hulk points out she didn't see a dead little Palestinian boy as a human being. They managed to reshuffle Hank Pym away from "he beats his wife" though do who knows.

It's interesting though to watch how the risk averse genre of big money comic book movies are going increasingly out of their way to avoid actually looking anything like the real world anymore, or acknowledging any of its problems, for fear of having a point of view (a horribly unprofitable thing). If WW2 happened right now, comic movies would both sides it, if it addressed it at all.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao

Many of you are very stupid.

It is fine though. Comic books aren't for thinking.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

"Breaking news from the UN today as the Israel-Palestine conflict has ended! We're just hearing in a joint statement from the nations' leaders that after reading the terrible posts in one comic book thread, they had lost the will to fight and just felt sad for the poor bastards posting there"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Knock off the this dumb tangent or take it to D&D if you want to continue it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Deadpool 3 has to be better than 2 right?

That kinda came and went. I have trouble remembering what happened in it half the time.

The first, I still remember easily. It was definitely the better movie.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Deadpool 2 loving owns, actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx-Br7fE-rA

This is one of the best fight scenes in any Marvel movie

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yeah I liked Deadpool 2 way more.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I’m automatically gonna like Deadpool 3 100% more because it’ll have 100% less TJ Miller.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Phylodox posted:

I’m automatically gonna like Deadpool 3 100% more because it’ll have 100% less TJ Miller.
also 100% more Huge Jackedman

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I'd even settle for a Medium Jackedman.

I think I might have go watch that movie dubbed, because I can't stand Ryan Reynolds so maybe without his voice it'll be manageable.

Or better yet, maybe someone will make a cut of the movie that cuts out all the scenes with Deadpool, replacing it with intertitles explaining the action and removing the jokes.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

New Deadpool 3 trailer just released:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1782393352417095814

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Trailer looks great. Looks like a fun time for both stars.

I think they said gently caress about 5 times in 2 and a half minutes, so that's neat.

The giant Ant-man helmet/skull feels like a quick jab at Quantumania that was added probably recently.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Let's fuckin go

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I see Deathstrike and Azazel here. Anybody else I'm blanking on?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

X-O posted:

Is that the Russian from Punisher?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

CzarChasm posted:

The giant Ant-man helmet/skull feels like a quick jab at Quantumania that was added probably recently.

I'm 99% sure it is an Old Man Logan reference. Hank Pym dies as Giant Man and they make a town around his huge corpse called Pym Falls.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

I'm disappointed that they didn't take the joke all the way.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

X-O posted:

Lady two to the left of Deathstrike might be Calisto from X3?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

X-O posted:

Looks like Toad, Azazel, Lady Deathstrike, Pyro, and some other people.

Can't tell who the bald guy in the trench coat is or the first woman on the left are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Venom 3 is officially called "The Last Dance" and the release date has been moved up a month to October 26th to avoid "being overshadowed by the American election" during its theatrical release.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/venom-3-title-last-dance-release-date-tom-hardy-1235940273/