Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Squint and the bald guy in the leather jacket kinda looks like Blade (i know it’s not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

The giant Ant-man helmet/skull feels like a quick jab at Quantumania that was added probably recently.

It seems to me the world has a lot of Old Man Logan stuff? So the Ant-Man skull would be Pym Falls.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Dogpool's tongue seems way too long for his tiny body.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah those things are freaky.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

It's apparently a Pug and Chinese Crested mix.

Neither breed has especially long tongues, so that dog is just a (very on brand) mutant.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gotta love that they're going to have a fight between two people who basically cannot die. Its going to have serious "Just put on the glasses!" energy.

Interesting they're going to adapt comic Old Man Logan in some way. Oh great, I don't want to see on screen Wolverine killing Jubilee and her crying as she died asking him "why?" Spoiler for a 20 year old comic.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So they’re really doing Cassandra Nova, huh? Okay.

Between being a bald lady with an accent and that Dr. Strange portal at the end, wonder how many people think it’s the Ancient One.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Between being a bald lady with an accent and that Dr. Strange portal at the end, wonder how many people think it’s the Ancient One.

At least one of my friends have already made that mistake.

glitchwraith fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 22, 2024

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can Cassandra Nova make Dr strange portals

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I audibly exhaled at that tired Wolverine claws ED joke. I think I just have to accept that these films (and Ryan Reynolds' brand of humour in general) are never going to be for me. :sigh:

I hope the rest of the X-Men get their chance to shine in the MCU soon.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Watched it. Loved it.

Looks great.

Want to see.

X-O posted:

I see Deathstrike and Azazel here. Anybody else I'm blanking on?

Is that Giant Mans corpse or am I getting him mixed up with someone else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The first movie uses the 200 year old brown pants joke near the beginning, you gotta know what you're in for by now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Last Call posted:

No, it's definitely him. I mean, unless someone else just stole the Ant-Man suit, put it on, grew, and died. But like, same diff really

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have to admit I'm annoyed they're doing Old Man Logan after Logan was just a better version of Old Man Logan in the first place.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The Last Call posted:

It's definitely Giant Man, but if it's Hank, Scott, or Bill Foster is up in the air

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I have to admit I'm annoyed they're doing Old Man Logan after Logan was just a better version of Old Man Logan in the first place.

Well, they're not really doing it so much as it's background for whatever the plot of this movie is.

I guess it lets them have a Wolverine with the same vibe and attitude to when audiences last saw him, in Logan, so they'll be familiar with that, while also being distinct and not actually intersecting with that movie.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

CapnAndy posted:

When they showed her stopping Wolverine I thought she was an alternate female Magneto.

I have no idea who Cassandra Nova is to be fair.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

duck trucker posted:

Don't worry, she's new.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

MikeJF posted:

Well, they're not really doing it so much as it's background for whatever the plot of this movie is.

I guess it lets them have a Wolverine with the same vibe and attitude to when audiences last saw him, in Logan, so they'll be familiar with that, while also being distinct and not actually intersecting with that movie.

I want to say the guy doing the voiceover at the beginning sounded a lot like the bad guy in Logan

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If you’re a language nerd then the name Cassandra Nova is a pretty big clue in and of itself.

Cassandra Nova -> Casa Nova -> “New House” -> Xavier

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I can see them doing a good mock on how ridiculous Cassandra Nova's origin story is.

oh man now I'm gonna be so let down if they don't have a flashback to the foetus vs foetus smackdown

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 22, 2024

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Phylodox posted:

If you’re a language nerd then the name Cassandra Nova is a pretty big clue in and of itself.

Cassandra Nova -> Casa Nova -> “New House” -> Xavier

goddamnit Grant

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

duck trucker posted:

When they showed her stopping Wolverine I thought she was an alternate female Magneto.

In the comics she's Professor X's twin sister that he absorbed in the womb but she was a bullshit-powerful level telepath so she survived as a tulpa and, you know what, doesn't matter.

Evil Professor X, but a lady. You're set.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

In the comics she's Professor X's twin sister that he absorbed has a fistfight with professor X and tried to strangle him to death with his umbilical cord then he killed her with a mindblast in the womb

but she was too powerful and her soul survived in the miscarried waste and eventually reformed

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 22, 2024

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

MikeJF posted:

but she was too powerful and her soul survived in the miscarried waste and eventually reformed

If the movie has this scene it will be worth the price of the ticket.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Considering it's a Deadpool movie, it'll probably be the intro.

And there'll be commentary text betting going on on who wins.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The Last Call posted:

Considering it's a Deadpool movie, it'll probably be the intro.

And there'll be commentary text betting going on on who wins.

And they absolutely need to have Patrick Stewart play the baby in the womb, don't even de-age him

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Medullah posted:

And they absolutely need to have Patrick Stewart play the baby in the womb, don't even de-age him

Tell him to do a power bomb.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

ImpAtom posted:

The only thing that Logan really took from it was the literal "Logan's an old man now" thing. Personally I'll be tickled pink if this movie comes out, heavily references it, and proves for a second (third? Fourth?) that Mark Millar's version of the stories he comes up with are the worst ones

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I can't believe we might finally get to see Wolverine in a movie. I'm genuinely pretty excited.

Edit: Can any comic folks tell me what the purple smoke dragon is supposed to be?

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 22, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
They could circumvent the entire Cassandra Nova origin by just saying she’s an Xavier variant, which works in MCU terms, preceded by the Loki/Sylvie which audiences already understand and is just a lot cleaner.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Jamesman posted:

I can't believe we might finally get to see Wolverine in a movie. I'm genuinely pretty excited.

Edit: Can any comic folks tell me what the purple smoke dragon is supposed to be?

That's Alioth from the Loki series. Its a guarddog for all the stuff that's been unmade in the universe.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Joe Fisto posted:

That's Alioth from the Loki series. Its a guarddog for all the stuff that's been unmade in the universe.

Ah. It's been a while since I watched Season 1 and still need to watch Season 2, so I didn't remember that. Thank you.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

They could circumvent the entire Cassandra Nova origin by just saying she’s an Xavier variant, which works in MCU terms, preceded by the Loki/Sylvie which audiences already understand and is just a lot cleaner.

Yeah but if they do that we won't get to see a foetus punch their twin.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MikeJF posted:

I can see them doing a good mock on how ridiculous Cassandra Nova's origin story is.

That's just Venture Brothers.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Daniel RPK has some more details and context to the new trailer.

Very general spoilers and nothing major, but it does mention a few specific plot points.

The TVA tell Deadpool that every universe has a hero who is the nexus being for that universe and if they die, then the universe descends into chaos and decays.

The Fox Cinematic Universe is now decaying. The Deadpool Wolverine is a "loser" Wolverine that isn't from any of the main continuities and was somehow responsible for killing the nexus being in his universe. The TVA initially ask Deadpool to recruit a team of the greatest heroes from each world and balk at picking this Wolverine.

The Mad Max convoy in the trailer is shown in the footage at Cinemacon as being made up of scrap from other universes (the van in Moon Knight, the Fantasticar from the Fox F4, and Red Skull's car that we can see in the new trailer).

Random Speculation:

- Wolverine was the nexus being in the Fox universe and his death in Logan kicked off the decay of that universe.

- Cassandra is from this Wolverine's universe, is replacing Mysterio in adapting a famous comic arc, and was responsible for Wolverine's incident that lead to the death of the nexus being in his universe.

- This is a setup for Secret Wars. Paradox is lying about the concept of nexus beings leading to decay because he is forming a rogue version of the TVA that is recruiting heroes to fight for them and that is why Deadpool and Wolverine eventually turn against it and are pruned.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 22, 2024

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Soul Glo posted:

Yes but then they would be cowards.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Isn’t the Logan from the Logan movie in a different continuity than the rest of the Fox X-Men films?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Isn’t the Logan from the Logan movie in a different continuity than the rest of the Fox X-Men films?

After Days of Future Past, I think it's one of those "don't think about it" deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I believe it's meant to be that the past of Logan is meant to be identical to the Fox X-Men movies and if it's the same universe well who knows but officially, no.