Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Updated my ballot, in case you already recorded it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kushida went to wwe and instantly broke his wrist and is maybe in 205 live purgatory or injured again

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

MJeff posted:

Ha ha of course no -- *looks at wall, it's covered in skulls and iron crosses* TIME2PLAYTHEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So where does the WWE banning talent from their Twitch side hustles stack up in the race for Worst Promotional Tactic?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

So where does the WWE banning talent from their Twitch side hustles stack up in the race for Worst Promotional Tactic?

Probably doesn't crack top 10 thanks to the Covid even if it's going to be one of their dumbest mistakes of the year

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Somehow I don't even think it makes the top 5?

Which says a lot about this loving year.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Most Overrated
Yujiro Takahashi

Hes been in a main event feud for months and won some and he is abysmally bad with no improvement in literally years.

Other nominees:
Dexter Lumis
Bray Wyatt
Nia Jax
Jake Hager
EVIL
Tetsuya Naito

Lid fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 5, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Most Overrated
Yujiro Takahashi

Hes been in a main event feud for months and won some and he is abysmally bad with no improvement in literally years.

Other nominees:
Dexter Lumis
Bray Wyatt
Nia Jax
Jake Hager
EVIL
Tetsuya Naito

Naito has been great and EVIL basically did exactly what he was booked to do and still had great matches with Hiromu and Naito despite all the zany booking.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Nobody rates Yujiro

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Rarity posted:

Nobody rates Yujiro

Gedo does apparently

Nobody rated Erik Watts either

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

EVIL
Tetsuya Naito

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wrap it up Naitailures

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm changing my worst match vote to Sammy/Matt

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

Rarity posted:

I'm changing my worst match vote to Sammy/Matt

Likewise, truly horrendous

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Post-All Out updates:

- Changing 3rd place for MotY to Moxley vs. MJF. I was thinking about changing it to Moxley vs. Suzuki anyway and I liked the MJF match more than either the Suzuki or the Cage match!
- Changing Feud of the Year to....I dunno what yet, but, not OC vs. Jericho anymore. Mimosa Mayhem was super disappointing. :|

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
My friends, a new contender for Most Overrated has arrived and his name is The Tribal Chief.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Given some of the names WWE have given wrestlers lately I would not be shocked if they're literally billing someone as that

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Looks like Retribution has a lock on Worst Gimmick

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Bumping for G1 which i havent watched

Is most outstanding still just Ishii or Shingo or has someone rose to the occasion?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Benne posted:

Looks like Retribution has a lock on Worst Gimmick

Yeah this is the biggest lock since Okada 2017

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lid posted:

Is most outstanding still just Ishii or Shingo or has someone rose to the occasion?

Naito

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ishii got an HM out of Yujiro so I think he's got the award locked up barring Hiromu killing it in the BOSJ

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

Ishii has busted into the conversation the way you knew he would eventually has to. With BOSJ confirmed to be taking place this year, you can't count out Hiromu. I kinda think Suzuki's building a low-key case?

Dunno if Naito's G1 has got him into the most outstanding conversation but it's done a lot to consolidate his WOTY case imo. But Moxley has lost absolutely zero momentum in that area the last couple months, I think.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yujiro's had good matches with Taichi, Suzuki and Ospreay too. I think people are giving way too much blame for how bad the Okada matches were to Yujiro who has been a perfectly serviceable job guy in the G1.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also, regarding MOW and WOTY, Omega's probably gonna get on his Best Bout Machine poo poo in this tournament. Between the rest of the G1, the BOSJ and this Full Gear tournament, the rest of the year is gonna be really fun.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yujiro's had good matches with Taichi, Suzuki and Ospreay too. I think people are giving way too much blame for how bad the Okada matches were to Yujiro who has been a perfectly serviceable job guy in the G1.

Yujiro, give him credit, has tried hard. I'm still cranky that Kojima got snubbed, though. :colbert:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Yeah i had Naito on my shortlist for most overrated but what im hearing is all really good. Has Yujiro done anything to get him out of my Most Overrated spot? His feud with Okada was soul destroting to the degree that im not watching the G1 (alongside the reign of EVIL as 2020 Diesel).

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lid posted:

Most Overrated
Yujiro Takahashi

Other nominees:
Dexter Lumis
Bray Wyatt
Nia Jax
Jake Hager
EVIL
Tetsuya Naito

Quoting myself from September 6th

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Lid posted:

Yeah i had Naito on my shortlist for most overrated but what im hearing is all really good. Has Yujiro done anything to get him out of my Most Overrated spot? His feud with Okada was soul destroting to the degree that im not watching the G1 (alongside the reign of EVIL as 2020 Diesel).

Yujiro has 0 wins in the G1 so far, he's nowhere close to "most overrated" or "most overpushed" or however you want to define that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I can't imagine someone thinking Naito was overrated at any point this year after that incredible match with Okada, the stuff with KENTA and the incredible moment winning the belt back with fireworks.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yujiro had Shingo working his rear end over with him and really dragged the match down to below average. He's been very bad and one guy has managed to do something with him. Big Taichi fan but I can't even give him that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yujiro is bad but he's really just filling the Fale G1 spot so its not like he's been over pushed.

Naito has a legit case for Wrestler of the year and has draw of the year locked up even if that's do to Ronda (Even without it the two Wrestle Kingdoms would of out drawn Mania)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yujiro is bad but he's really just filling the Fale G1 spot so its not like he's been over pushed.

Naito has a legit case for Wrestler of the year and has draw of the year locked up even if that's do to Ronda (Even without it the two Wrestle Kingdoms would of out drawn Mania)

Yeah Yujiro isn't in contention for Most Overrated he is just a bad lower midcarder. I was just impressed by the Shingo match because you could tell he was feeling it and I was ready to like it... and nope.

Most Overrated is easily Bray. He gets so much loving screen time and actively ruins other wrestlers.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't like Naito's hat

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I still say it's Orton, although I dunno if people are doing the "HE'S DOING THE BEST WORK OF HIS CAREER!" shtick as much as they were in the Summer.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bray definitely deserves Most Overrated after dragging Alexa into his vortex of suck

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bray is up there but Braun sure is close by after his disaster of a title reign

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bray was a part of both probably the best and worst cinematic match of this era. He does suck a lot though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bray legitly could sweep the top 3 places in worst feuds of the year!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Ill defend my nominee of Yujiro as at the time he was a lower card guy but was in a main event feud and constantly having to see trying to take him seriously was agony. Looks like Gedo gave up thankfully and hes back to where he should be (close enough... he should be released honestly).

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bray legitly could sweep the top 3 places in worst feuds of the year!

The Kane Award

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's really incredible how WWE has so many Most Disgusting candidates that "Alexa Bliss gets assaulted by The Fiend and then falls in love with him" is barely even on the radar