Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Yesssssss congratsss!

Rappaport posted:

Late, but congratulations!

Thanks! Rooting for everyone else itt to achieve their Spelunky goals, whatever they may be. I'm happy to play with lower stakes for a bit. Would like to do another eggplant run since I only did one for the achievement two years ago. But I'll probably keep doing CO runs too since I like that area so much, and it's nice to feel less pressure about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I didn't notice PS5 show a counter for time-played before.

Spelunky 2: 516 hours. :smith:

So far.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

It's by far my most played game on Steam and the only real challenger it has in hours played is Civ4 when I played it heavily like 15 years ago. But that was a physical copy so I don't know how many hours I clocked in it.

Spelunky 2 is insanely good though. No regrets. Game rules.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I did not share your enthusiasm for the sequel but I do want to add my voice to the chorus of congrats. Good work gamer you should be proud. Yeah it's three months later whatever.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Thanks. :) I definitely am, pretty sure getting that constellation is the most difficult feat I've ever accomplished in a game. In fact I don't think anything even comes close.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
ive noticed I have a hard time with other platformers after spelunky 2 because the controls for other games just suck rear end. other games move so slow and are all floaty and weird. love spelunky's snappy movement

ive missed spelunky 2 so i started farting around with the randomizer. good fun.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

7-10 this morning. Slowly and hopefully surely.

I got screwed with no paste, and trying to do it with Vlad's wings rather than a jetpack.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I've been playing this every day for the past couple months. 7-10 is the best I've done.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I can toast bombs most of the time, but it's just an extra level of anxiety in Cosmic Ocean. I also had no alien compass, but that's not why I died this time.

My path has been:

Dwelling --> Volcano virtually every time

Then if I have some bombs + paste I'll go to Temple of Anubis and try to collect the alien compass, otherwise Tide Pool. I cannot figure out how to kill Anubis without paste. My last run there Anubis + sceptre got destroyed by a crush trap :rolleyes: Also had a lot of bad luck trying to even find the alien compass door.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

teethgrinder posted:

I can toast bombs most of the time, but it's just an extra level of anxiety in Cosmic Ocean. I also had no alien compass, but that's not why I died this time.

My path has been:

Dwelling --> Volcano virtually every time

Then if I have some bombs + paste I'll go to Temple of Anubis and try to collect the alien compass, otherwise Tide Pool. I cannot figure out how to kill Anubis without paste. My last run there Anubis + sceptre got destroyed by a crush trap :rolleyes: Also had a lot of bad luck trying to even find the alien compass door.

I always go Tide Pool because I can't get the hang of the Qilin skips and can do the lava/ankh skip a bit more consistently (but I sometimes gently caress that up too)

I think there's some trick to bombing Anubis w/o paste, like rapidly dropping bombs at the foot of the throne and creating a cascading explosion?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Ah that makes sense (quick Anubis kill). I have over the years looked at tricks but meh. All I use is the quick Olmec one, but I still gently caress it up 50% of the time if I have the gloves and/or paste. (Without those items it's 100% easy). I could probably sit there and measure pixels but mehhhhhhhhh that's not where I'm getting stuck. Just a podcast game as this point,

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

https://imgur.com/a/XHVb32O

Don't want to bother uploading to YouTube for a proper embed. 20 seconds of this annoying mandatory hard-mode Spelunky 2 patch when I can't even get to the final ending on the base game.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

weird how it doesn't even trigger the arrow traps

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

One of my cats was doing that when I played this yesterday too.:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

636 hours and I just had a leprechaun leap out of a treasure chest :what: