Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
best moment of arrival is still when they take an iPad into the alien artificial gravity field and it can’t figure out whether to be in portrait or landscape mode

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

haveblue posted:

best moment of arrival is still when they take an iPad into the alien artificial gravity field and it can’t figure out whether to be in portrait or landscape mode

hahah spectacular

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ru5l3gyYy31qigaa4.mp4

STAR WARS drunk driving PSA, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation, 1979.

lol the universal vague handwaving i'marright I'marright

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 4, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ru5l3gyYy31qigaa4.mp4

STAR WARS drunk driving PSA, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation, 1979.
Massive missed opportunity for a cerveza cristal product placement imo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

qirex posted:

chow had like a 3 movie arc where he thought taking a hot actress and making her look funny was the best joke there is

shaolin soccer ftw

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

fart simpson posted:

shaolin soccer ftw

its great

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i watched el viaje (1992) tonight and it was ok

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

its great

my small town local theater screened it when it first came out in america for god knows what reason and it was the first hong kong comedy movie id ever seen. i remember literally crying with laughter by the time when the shaolin team was buzzsawing through the tournament and brother lightweight jumped like 35 feet up into the air and passed it down to iron head to head the ball in for a goal while doing a flip

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fart simpson posted:

my small town local theater screened it when it first came out in america for god knows what reason and it was the first hong kong comedy movie id ever seen. i remember literally crying with laughter by the time when the shaolin team was buzzsawing through the tournament and brother lightweight jumped like 35 feet up into the air and passed it down to iron head to head the ball in for a goal while doing a flip

i made an rear end out of myself at a party qirex was having by hooting and laughing like a donkey at this exact scene

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

god of cookery, shaolin soccer and kung fu hustle have the same relationship to me as shaun of the dead, hot fuzz and the world’s end. three takes on the same general concept, a lot of repeat jokes, a lot of repeat actors and pretty much nothing else like them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that montage in the tournament is a big time winner though, there’s some great throwaway jokes like the team that’s obviously women wearing mustaches

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

qirex posted:

god of cookery, shaolin soccer and kung fu hustle have the same relationship to me as shaun of the dead, hot fuzz and the world’s end. three takes on the same general concept, a lot of repeat jokes, a lot of repeat actors and pretty much nothing else like them

someone got mad at me online for saying simon pegg starred in the same movie three times

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Don't tell that guy about roger moore

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

simon pegg goes for a pint part 3

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

someone got mad at me online for saying simon pegg starred in the same movie three times

at least pegg’s characters were slightly different between the three, chow is the exact same guy: selfish jerk who takes advantage of his friends, gets comeuppance and eventually learns a valuable lesson

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

PokeJoe posted:

simon pegg goes for a pint part 3

remember when they were gonna cut him from Mission Impossible because of his raging alcoholism and Tom Cruise refused to do the movie without him and said something like (according to Pegg) "I refuse to abandon my friend"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

someone got mad at me online
:ohdear:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

it was pretty scary

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/kristen-stewart-oscar-isaac-vampire-thriller-flesh-of-the-gods-1235888602/
panos cosmatos [director of mandy] is directing a vampire movie set in 80s la starring oscar isaac and k stew, written by the same guy as se7en

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Actual use for those Bluray features no-one ever used

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

indigi posted:

remember when they were gonna cut him from Mission Impossible because of his raging alcoholism and Tom Cruise refused to do the movie without him and said something like (according to Pegg) "I refuse to abandon my friend"

no, I don't recall that

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

good for tim cruise (?)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Actual use for those Bluray features no-one ever used

slipstreaming in loading screens every time lucy opens a door

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qirex posted:

kung fu hustle got me good when the dude stomped all the feet. absolutely unexpected and i completely lost it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

PokeJoe posted:

good for tim cruise (?)

we're lucky Simon Pegg has such a good friend

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER