Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

graph posted:

wild how this stuff can get spun up so fast ! 🧵

https://x.com/LaraFriedmanDC/status/1783129420598837506

immediately started shrieking like Rainman during the smoke alarm scene while reading at 'Nerdy policy wonk ' and couldnt finish the post. sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

post hole digger posted:

immediately started shrieking like Rainman during the smoke alarm scene while reading at 'Nerdy policy wonk ' and couldnt finish the post. sorry.

yeah i read the first 9 words and immediately moved on lol. sorry garph

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Buddy, they don't even let me execute the entire Senate

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/loffredojeremy/status/1783651274975523285?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lmao what are those flags

"eh yeah we just mush em together and hit print, who cares"

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i can't tell if they're being passive aggressive in an incredibly weird way or if their translator is terrible

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
neither can i because i don't speak chinese

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ah, Konnichiwa

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

neither can i because i don't speak chinese

that's why you read it instead

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

dioxazine posted:

got you there beeftweeter

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah well i'm entirely illiterate, blind, deaf and have no hands or feet

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

dioxazine posted:

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

so they're really gonna run with this "joe biden made tiktok illegal" thing six months before the election, huh

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

also "the campus protesters are curiously silent on hamas???"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

dioxazine posted:

i can't tell if they're being passive aggressive in an incredibly weird way or if their translator is terrible

i think hiring a translator that bad is passive aggressive in itself op

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

so they're really gonna run with this "joe biden made tiktok illegal" thing six months before the election, huh

yes, all of the democrats’ problems are being caused by chinese propaganda on tiktok. the people running the show really do seem to believe this to varying degrees

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

oh, reading it without context i assumed sagebrush was referring to *republicans* trying to run on tiktok youth disgruntlement, to which i went "well, kind of fair", i underestimated the stupidity

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no yeah i meant the government is actually going to ban tiktok out of senile yellow-peril paranoia six months before the election, turning millions of young voters even more against the party in power than they already are.

good thing they'll keep a lock on the votes from those *checks notes* middle-aged zionists who think that hamas tiktok superstars are the most dangerous force in the world.

the republicans will absolutely capitalize on GRAMPA JOE KILLED YOUR SOCIAL LIFE too.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

believe them when they tell you who they are

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

no yeah i meant the government is actually going to ban tiktok out of senile yellow-peril paranoia six months before the election, turning millions of young voters even more against the party in power than they already are.

good thing they'll keep a lock on the votes from those *checks notes* middle-aged zionists who think that hamas tiktok superstars are the most dangerous force in the world.

the republicans will absolutely capitalize on GRAMPA JOE KILLED YOUR SOCIAL LIFE too.

Dems don't want to win. They want to turn the White House back over to Trump so they can ride that fundraising wave from 2016-2020.

Joe couldn't have done a better job getting Trump back in the White House were he working from a playbook written for him by the GOP.

Apr 7, 2003

They also seem to think all of Trump's stuff about getting revenge and putting "leftists" in camps are just talk, and they're going to be very surprised come January 2025 when he starts his revenge tour. The responsible adults in the room that kept him from acting out last time won't be around.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
The US has every reason to ban tiktok the only reason it's odd is because they've had the same reasons to cut off a ton of other Chinese companies and they didn't do anything until teenagers were having fun.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATjL9CmwkCo

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Dems don't want to win. They want to turn the White House back over to Trump so they can ride that fundraising wave from 2016-2020.

sounds like the best way to own the libs is to vote blue no matter who, that'll hit em in their pocketbook

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dioxazine posted:

neither can i

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

Internet Old One posted:

The US has every reason to ban tiktok the only reason it's odd is because they've had the same reasons to cut off a ton of other Chinese companies and they didn't do anything until teenagers were having fun.

I think the issue is that american companies are upset, not that there's a national security reason to ban tiktok. I mean, I can go buy the data collected by my car, facebook, etc. The data is all available for sale to anyone who will pay.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this is not about the perfidious chinese deep state stealing our precious user data, that’s just the excuse. my best guess is they just aren’t willing to play ball with us soft power trying to influence their editorial direction [aka “the algorithm”] and the crusty old weirdos in charge of everything are very uncomfortable with that given its reach among young people

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i mean a congressperson finally dropped the mask and said why theyre going after them yesterday afternoon

Apr 7, 2003

I missed that, what'd he say?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
young people are getting news and poo poo from tiktok instead of msm was the paraphrasing, iirc

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sagebrush posted:

the majority of the people who voted for the bill in the house were republicans, so i dunno if you'll see a lot of republicans running on "biden banned tiktok" because they hate it too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I missed that, what'd he say?

that its waking up too many young kids too fast and that they cant control the messaging

ill try to find the video clip but tooter's moving really really fast atm

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fabricated posted:

the majority of the people who voted for the bill in the house were republicans, so i dunno if you'll see a lot of republicans running on "biden banned tiktok" because they hate it too

i don't think they care about being hypocrites. they'll say it if they think it'll serve their goals

graph posted:

that its waking up too many young kids too fast and that they cant control the messaging

yeah there was also that israel lobbyist guy who was recorded literally saying "it's not right versus left anymore, it's young versus old, and the young kids see palestinians on tiktok and don't believe our propaganda anymore"

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 26, 2024

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

ill try to find the video clip but tooter's moving really really fast atm

https://twitter.com/BRICSinfo/status/1783257899147395519

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i don't even know that the republicans have to run on it. the kids know who the president was when the government banned tiktok, no work needs to be done to make them blame anyone else

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Truman Peyote posted:

the kids know who the president was

let me stop you right there buddy

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Truman Peyote posted:

i don't even know that the republicans have to run on it. the kids know who the president was when the government banned tiktok, no work needs to be done to make them blame anyone else

the question is whether they have any understanding of whether trump would be better or worse (hint it’s the second one and I’m pretty sure that an awful lot of people understand that, though not as many as need to)

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

that israel lobbyist guy posted:

it's not right versus left anymore, it's young versus old
completely different things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ken bone bringing the heat!