Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Slowpoke! posted:

That’s one way to get out of the debates.
Yeah I was going to say, I guess that issue is probably settled now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

If "no taste" is a requisite for Covid then the fucker has had it his whole life.

Thanks for walking it in. :smugdon:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I have been signed up for the Trump campaign emails for a few months to witness the crazy. Really curious to see the titles today.

This is your LAST CHANCE to SHOW PRESIDENT TRUMP you SUPPORT him in this TRYING time! 1500% match!

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
I just starting laughing out loud when it dawned on me that Trump and Melania are going to be quarantined together and it’s gonna be the goddamn craziest John Cassavetes movie imaginable.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

There's no way he'd admit an illness willingly, especially not a self perceived big strong tough guy.

This is a ploy to get out of the next debate. Nothing more.

It was going to instantly leak they had no choice.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Smeef posted:

I just starting laughing out loud when it dawned on me that Trump and Melania are going to be quarantined together and it’s gonna be the goddamn craziest John Cassavetes movie imaginable.
Why would they quarantine together when they have separate living spaces?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CuddleCryptid posted:

Getting shot is less invasive than a colonoscopy

I mean, depends on where you get shot. Could be very similar.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1311969010012114945

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Trump getting COVID is not going to cause anyone to rally around him like they did Boris. The level of enmity between the two sides of the country is far too high, and Trump has been far more stupid in his response to the virus.

The next debate surely has to be delayed. Trump's quarantine would end the day after the current debate is scheduled. There is also the 3rd debate scheduled a week later, so unless they push a debate into the week before the election, there might not be time for 3.

14 days off the campaign schedule is going to be rough for Trump. Not just the lack of events (in 2016 he was doing 4 rallies a day at this point), but he is now going to be sitting at home watching cable news and tweeting 24/7 for 2 weeks straight.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Not trying to be a dick, but why do we believe anything at all coming out of this WH?

yeah i don't like to douse the optimism but if there's one thing i believe trump is capable of it's fabricating contracting covid to manufacture the same sympathy bump bolsonaro and boris got and look strong when he "recovers"

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Eye popping numbers

https://mobile.twitter.com/Yascha_Mounk/status/1311782967983960065

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Not trying to be a dick, but why do we believe anything at all coming out of this WH?

This one is different, because the WH by all accounts tried to suppress it before they had to cave for mounting pressure.

It would also be a spectacularly poor choice for a made up excuse to skip future debates. Trump has a very clear and well known dismissive attitude towards the corona, and his campaign has gone all in on downplaying the pandemic and concentrating on other issues. With Trump getting the virus, the focus of the pandemic is magnified a thousandfold, regardless of how sick he becomes. This is not good for him, since his response so far is wildly unpopular.

As I said in the last thread: them making up his sickness with COVID to skip a debate or two is like you burning down your school in order to get an A for good behavior.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

torgo posted:

Donald Trump a-went to town
Tweeting on his phone-a
Wouldn't wear a mask at all
Now he has the 'Rona

:five:

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

I don't think we should be gaming out the calendar based on a 14 day qurantine. If Trump was symptomatic on Wednesday there's no loving way he'll be OK in 14 days.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/hardmoneymag/status/1311880869813026826?s=19

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

CYBEReris posted:

yeah i don't like to douse the optimism but if there's one thing i believe trump is capable of it's fabricating contracting covid to manufacture the same sympathy bump bolsonaro and boris got and look strong when he "recovers"

Trump would never intentionally do something that would have people perceive him as weak, it's diametrically opposed to his narcissism and persona . He has never had an issue with deflecting from news or claiming things are rigged, I really cannot see any reason to fake this kind of thing.

He may still come out of the other side of this pretty strong if he can beat this without any sort of real complications but I don't think this type of thing is something that a guy like Trump ever gets to as a tactic...

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BigglesSWE posted:

This one is different, because the WH by all accounts tried to suppress it before they had to cave for mounting pressure.

It would also be a spectacularly poor choice for a made up excuse to skip future debates. Trump has a very clear and well known dismissive attitude towards the corona, and his campaign has gone all in on downplaying the pandemic and concentrating on other issues. With Trump getting the virus, the focus of the pandemic is magnified a thousandfold, regardless of how sick he becomes. This is not good for him, since his response so far is wildly unpopular.

As I said in the last thread: them making up his sickness with COVID to skip a debate or two is like you burning down your school in order to get an A for good behavior.

Yeah, if Trump wanted to skip the debates he and his campaign could gin up some bullshit whines about biased debate moderators or unfair rules or some garbage, he wouldn't need to pretend he has Covid.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/beeple/status/1311995917554380801?s=20

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Now I’m looking forward to that new Borat movie about pence even more.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I just checked the Dow futures and they're already down 340 so it should be a fun day on Wall Street.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hick hopes ruined by hope hicks

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Quoting this to remind the buried news that Melania is on tape saying who cares about migrant children and cackling that she wore that jacket to gently caress with the libs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

he literally tried to hide it. there were multiple attempts to bury this, who he got it from, and why. it leaked out before trump tweeted it. anyone else who ignores this fact is gonna get hit with a probe.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

massive spider posted:

Quoting this to remind the buried news that Melania is on tape saying who cares about migrant children and cackling that she wore that jacket to gently caress with the libs.
Republicans don't care about this.

Tell them she also said that Christmas is dumb and she's forced to care about it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

This seems handy:

https://twitter.com/jeremyfaust/status/1311929649488957441?s=21

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What a way to start the new thread

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Excelzior posted:

:perfect:

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

As Yglesias noted on twitter — if you read the fine print, they changed polling companies and methodologies at precisely the point the numbers changed. Map != territory. Might be true but we don't know it.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Melania shouldn't have shaken his hand at the debate..

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Excelzior posted:

Holy poo poo, this should be the thread title.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tasteless jokes about a tasteless president.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Gripweed posted:

I owe you guys an apology. I have argued very strongly several times that there was no way Trump would pull out of the debates. I gotta hand it to you, you guys called it.
Not exactly the way we imagined though!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/NewDay/status/1312008908391710720

Of course, it takes time for the virus to incubate. They might have it. They'll have to test negative for a week at least to be in the clear
https://mobile.twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1312010144356724736

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

There's no way he'd admit an illness willingly, especially not a self perceived big strong tough guy.

This is a ploy to get out of the next debate. Nothing more.

The White House leaks like a sieve. It is absolutely impossible that he would be able to keep a positive COVID test under wraps. In that situation, it only makes sense to announce it yourself.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Velocity Raptor posted:

Holy poo poo, this should be the thread title.

Between this and the GBS thread’s “HOPE HICKS KILLS HICKS’ HOPE”, I’m good with either.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
:hai:

https://twitter.com/edbott/status/1311995140794249217?s=21

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trump's brother died of this and get was actually healthy

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the audacity of hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I remember someone in the thread yesterday posting an analysis of some Trump clip saying they were seeing signs in his voice or something, I honestly though they were just looking into things too hard / being hopeful.

Endorph posted:

he literally tried to hide it. there were multiple attempts to bury this, who he got it from, and why. it leaked out before trump tweeted it. anyone else who ignores this fact is gonna get hit with a probe.
I hope this doesn't sound snarky, is there a good/more detailed explanation/timeline of what's happened All I know was there was some news that Hope Hicks was tested for it yesterday, then Trump was quarantined because of contact with her, and then I woke up to this.