Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

OSU_Matthew posted:

The stairs in the threads are getting a bit drafty... can we insulate those?
Have you considered insulating the window to prevent drafts?

On a serious note, The megathreads have a lot of really good info but can be intimidating and impenetrable to newcomers. Since they're full of really useful information, maybe keep them closed but move them to an "Out Behind the Shed" subforum where they can be browsed and searched and don't fall into archives? Maybe archive them and start a new one everytime a new version of Electrical/Plumbing/Building code comes out since they're pretty US-centric? Just tossing an idea out, I'm sure others can improve on it or tell me why it's a bad idea.

edit: this forum is already awesome but I really appreciate that you folks are actively trying to make it even better. I can't even begin to tell you how much I've learned.

GWBBQ fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU