Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm not sure if there's a full plumbing thread but this is a minor problem so I thought I'd ask here.

I have an heated towel rail in my bathroom that is leaking. It's a slow leak, just the occasional drip from what I can see. How do I fix it?

The leak is coming, from what I can tell, from the thick horizontal cylinder pointing into the center of the radiator.

This will be my first time doing any plumbing so step by step instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Motronic posted:

There is in fact a plumbing thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3131944

That looks like it's potentially an air bleeder valve and that all looks like very Svenska plumbing which I'm not at all up on parts for, but I bet someone over there is.

Thank you!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

We've recently had laid down in our attic.

Previously the attic was boarded for storage, and insulation was under those boards, but it must not of been very substantial because the first winter we were in the house it was freezing cold and really hard to get warm.

Our friend was giving away rolls of insulation she no longer needed, so we had them laid down in the attic, sacrificing the storage space for now.

The house does feel warmer now, and this last winter was a lot better than the first.

However recently I've noticed some mould on the rafters in the attic, and I suspect the insulation contributing to the space being a moisture trap.

Is that possible and how much do I need to worry about this? As a first time house owner anything like this sends me into a panic spiral.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

Ja, examine that diagram in the next post below yours; you need to make sure that the attic space is 'breathing,' that you didn't roll insulation over the vents. Some mold on the framing is no big deal, the greater concern is the trapped moisture that it signals - that will eventually rot your framing & sheathing.

Thanks both. Are the vents easily spottable if I have to pull back the insulation and find them? Annoyingly we got a professional in to put down the insulation as it was an older (still safe, but more fibrous) variety that I didn't want to deal with, so I would've thought they would know not to cover the vents!