Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Random q for the chat - had a home inspection today and the pipes in the house are polyB

Ok, no huge deal, I've paid to re-pipe a house before that needed it (old CPVC) HOWEVER this house has a kitchen island/counter thing where the sink and dishwasher are that could only be fed from a supply that runs through the foundation.

I am trying to find out what types of in-ground/foundation plumbing was used in the 90s that may be likely used in this case as well - any ideas or references?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Rakeris posted:

Probably going to vary based on the state, if it was Texas for ex. It would be copper as I don't think anything else could be put under a slab. (Had to be brazed, certain compression fittings were only added to code a couple years ago iirc)

Thanks!! It turned out not to be a huge deal, seller paying to re-pipe and we won’t have to worry about it at all.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
It's nice to not have to wear earplugs, the electric leaf blower is the loudest but for only a minute not a huge concern exposure-wise.