Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Have you ever been curious how some takes a small pile of wood from a box that claims to be a 'kit' and turns it into a model wooden ship, but get super bored of following a build log that takes over a year? I'm in the process of posting the build log of my best effort so far at making a cool boat out of a bunch of wood and money in this thread:

Sanding, $pending and Swearing: The saga of a wood model ship build

The thread is currently about 3.5 months into a 13+ month project, and I'm trying to get a week or more worth of material up each day. Lots of pictures and even a video!

Started with this:

With the goal of maybe someday having something resembling the picture on the box:

Join me in the much abbreviated journey and ask all the questions you want whether about this specific mess, or the hobby in general and I'll by happy to at least try to answer everything I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU