Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The worst part about Martin not finishing the series is that he stopped at one of the worst possible times. there's a bunch of plots that I want to see tied up in books, but the one that I'm most anxious to see, is how he handles the battle against Ramsey. i'm glad he was defeated in the show but given all he did, i feel he got off way too easy.

also, I don't think it was a particularly bad decision or anything but, I did find a kind of weird that one of the five Kings would wind up getting defeated by Ramsey in the show.

Ariong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLTeMC81FV0&t=1475s

I’m not going to say you’re a bad person of you keep watching his videos or anything but personally I can’t because I’m constantly on edge that he’s suddenly going to launch into yet another ramble from the “complaining about racism is disrespectful to the civil rights movement” school of genius.

EDIT: Wow I haven’t watched this in a while and it’s worse than I remember. Look, MAYBE one in ten thousand people in America are still overtly racist. Yup, that’s America, home to no more than 30,000 overt racists! LMAO

oh yeah definitely. that video was godawful and made me side eye the guy for a while. also, whatever possibly legit problems people may have with kimmel, i felt what was particularly insulting was how he completely ignored his worse half, adam carolla. :barf:

but i think he may have gotten better since he and his bro made that pretty good video on the Video Game Awards and calling out all the toxic gamer culture from that time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Obscurest Vinyl is weak poo poo because people easily can and have made comically vulgar authentic-sounding 60s-style pop/R&B without AI

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SpiritualDeath posted:

Obscurest Vinyl is weak poo poo because people easily can and have made comically vulgar authentic-sounding 60s-style pop/R&B without AI

and its not like the real thing doesn't exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-n5vG2SjJY

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The food fight doc guy voice sound so…wet…

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Zore posted:

Yeah and then 30 years later they admitted the poll overwhelmingly voted to save him but they still brutally murdered him and blamed the readers for decades

one person rigged the vote by calling in multiple times swinging it into killing him lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i think killing jason todd was the best thing to do for the batman mythos but jason todd has led to many awful stories afterwards... its a world of contrasts

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i think a lot of batman writers hate the concept of robin in general because robin isnt "dark enough" and is a remnant of the silver age many of them hate and they keep trying to undermine every robin and batgirl constantly or make it "dark"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
online creators
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nzRPoh3b_c

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

16-bat butthead

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grant Morrison created a new Robin by having Bruce Wayne get spermjacked by Talia al-Ghul

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Alaois posted:

Grant Morrison created a new Robin by having Bruce Wayne get spermjacked by Talia al-Ghul

damian is cool

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol that injustice comic prequel explaining why damian is evil and it was because he killed dick grayson on accident by hitting him in the head with a batarang that bruce gave him to train with and bruce disowns him over it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

damian is cool

He's an evil gay baby like Stewie Griffin. Incredible character. It's just hosed up that comic book time means that he's perpetually 12.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The best stories with Damian are when he is paired with Dick Grayson as Batman because it inverts the normal serious/fun dynamic that the Batman/Robin duo have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ariong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLTeMC81FV0&t=1475s

I’m not going to say you’re a bad person of you keep watching his videos or anything but personally I can’t because I’m constantly on edge that he’s suddenly going to launch into yet another ramble from the “complaining about racism is disrespectful to the civil rights movement” school of genius.

EDIT: Wow I haven’t watched this in a while and it’s worse than I remember. Look, MAYBE one in ten thousand people in America are still overtly racist. Yup, that’s America, home to no more than 30,000 overt racists! LMAO

I think this guy has seriously changed. The video about the tornadoes starts with a lesson on how all the land in tornado alley was stolen from natives. Not a nod to it, but an explicit explanation of what happened(politicians ignoring treaties and federal protections to force out the people who lived there) and why(so they could create slave states, keeping enough political power to stop slavery from being abolished or curtailed). It'd be very easy to ignore that stuff to talk about massive tornadoes hitting towns in the 90's, but they didn't. They went out of their way to talk about it, and even framed it as the tornadoes being punishment for past sins.

That's not the take of someone who thinks "man how come we just can't MOVE ON already, geez"