Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Finally got a chapter on her background with Akatsuki. I want Sya thrashing in the dentist chair as my new AV (also the sound she makes is hilarious on a loop).

And literally two shots and a single line from Sakkyun (which they're apparently subbing as "Cubey.") Not the funniest episode, but some nice set-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh that was the succubus girl? I wouldn't mind seeing more of her, having another foil for Sya would be fun.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

AlternateNu posted:

Also, apparently, the ice golem captain was revived, but she still had access to the tire golem suit. >_>

I'm only on episode 6, but can you honestly say she wouldn't just go chop up the Tire Golem again? Considering her ghost shroud body count I assume she just carves up certain demons on autopilot.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Considering they're able to revive sya from a gravestone (as is shown in the OP) i dont think they really need much to bring them back.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This show is the best and continues to stay fresh like new bedding. :allears:

I should make reaction posts to each episode.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The TV hosts are a great Dragon Quest V gag.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

I hope that when this gets a fuller release from funi/other folks they actually translate the commercial bumps, cuz like those are like, end of chapter interstitials in the manga listing off some info about the character and past worries/current worries, usually with the current one being...something the princess did to them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Renzuko posted:

I hope that when this gets a fuller release from funi/other folks they actually translate the commercial bumps, cuz like those are like, end of chapter interstitials in the manga listing off some info about the character and past worries/current worries, usually with the current one being...something the princess did to them.

Are they not subtitled in the Funimation stream? They are in the AnimeLab version :confused:.

edit: These are what you're talking about, I assume?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 1, 2020

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Are they not subtitled in the Funimation stream? They are in the AnimeLab version :confused:.

edit: These are what you're talking about, I assume?

They're talking about the paragraph of text on the center-right.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

They're talking about the paragraph of text on the center-right.

I mean both!

That's all Funi has for those bumps. Just the characters name and then the translation of them saying sleepy princess.

Like in the manga the box to the far left would be a quote. then the one just to the right of her is the "past worries/ current worries" and then the paragraphs are a blurb about Neo Alraune.

Renzuko fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 2, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QGoTvqG8oE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEvRWf3yOCA

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 5, 2020

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:hmmyes: うむ~

Edit: Wow. Taken down already.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 3, 2020

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
And the one above it pulled by the uploader.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Shoutouts to the most recent episode for some random as gently caress Inazuma Eleven and Jojo references. And to the Galaxy Brain trap play. And to reaffirming that if the princess cared about literally anything but sleeping she could be incredibly scary, or rather even scarier than she is presently.

Also that turned out sweeter than I thought it would at first.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
The princess is capable of doing the Devilbat Ghost technique.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I wasn't expecting multiple jokes to rival Uzaki's-chan's vibrating platform gag anytime soon, but here we are :allears:.

SSSSSssssssyyyyyYYYyyyyyyaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

loving premo Suya faces this go 'round. And Inori Minase really kicked up the ludicrous inflection in her voice.

Jetto sukiiiii~~

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I'm going to miss this show when it is over.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm sad the next episode is the last one (for now).

The entire Sakkyun section was loving gold.

And I'm glad they finally directly commented on Suya's apparently absurd stats.

But the best part was obviously the death sequence. :v:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 17, 2020

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Sleepy Princess is so powerful it airs a Christmas episode during Christmas season

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
This was absolutely the best show this season.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I love that this dumbass show decided it should give a backstory for the weird gag from a month ago that lead to dental drama. Also seeing Sya thrash around is never not funny.

It is probably the overall best show I've watched this season in terms of goal, vision, and meeting both. The only other contenders are ongoing so...

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just want to say how much I appreciate the Demon's treating the fight against Akatsuki like the Guild treat it in Venture Bros.

Also, I loved how they kind of left it open on whether the Queen is just a ditz or if she's just hip to the entire Demons v Humans dynamic and knows exactly what's going on as soon as she sees Sakkyun in the bed.

Merry Christmas, ya goons!

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 22, 2020

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
For people thinking of picking up the manga after watching the anime:

1) The anime jumped around a lot, so even in the volumes covered there are a lot of events that didn't get animated
2) The whole quest accepted/quest completed gimmick is much less prevalent, and eventually just stops showing up
3) Likewise the Hero also kind of vanishes from the narrative
4) The episodes are extremely faithful to the source material, so if you liked what you saw the manga has 200+ chapters to amuse you

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Yeah, I'm going to miss this now that it's over.

Nemo2342 posted:

3) Likewise the Hero also kind of vanishes from the narrative

Given what a complete schlemiel the guy is, she (and we) are better off without the putz.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Doodles posted:

Yeah, I'm going to miss this now that it's over.

Given what a complete schlemiel the guy is, she (and we) are better off without the putz.

Yeah it's not a huge loss, I just didn't want anyone going "I wonder what happened to that putz" thinking they'll find out if they go through 200+ chapters.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGEgpY1yin4

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Doodles posted:

When you get right down to it, the hero is just the princess, but male.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Incidentally, who decided on all the translations? They seem to be consistent between the manga and anime, but some of them seem to have different meanings, like rendering "Akatsuki," which last I checked meant "red moon" (it's been a long time since I took a Japanese class so please don't yell at me) as "Dawner," which gets the sense of a hero across but doesn't seem to mean the same thing.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Given that we have the internet let's just look up a Japanese to English dictionary.

Noun

暁 • (akatsuki) (kyūjitai 曉)

the dawn, daybreak

an event, occasion, occurrence

A literal translation "Dawn" is an English name, but unfortunately it's a female coded name for a male character.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 31, 2020

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Terrible Opinions posted:

Given that we have the internet let's just look up a Japanese to English dictionary.

Okay, so it is in fact a different kanji situation. I guess "Donner" is almost a normal name, and this is basically a variant spelling of that.

I wonder what happens in the Unified Human Kingdom when they run out of time-of-day-themed names.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

If the hero puts together a force to fight the demon king, does that make it the Donner Party? :thunk:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Terrible Opinions posted:

Noun

暁 • (akatsuki) (kyūjitai 曉)

the dawn, daybreak

an event, occasion, occurrence

A literal translation "Dawn" is an English name, but unfortunately it's a female coded name for a male character.

Also, "Akatsuki - Red Moon" would look like this: 赤月 if that was what they were going for.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Started watching and just came in to say the monster design in this show is too adorable. :kimchi:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I caught up with the manga and got to see Quilladillo's parents — turns out he's secretly part of the Moomin tribe. I don't know why he'd keep his wonderful heritage a secret!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
You have to watch it

It's the chapter that preceded the anime's release.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I'd put that chapter up there with the kaguya anime/live-action adaptation chapters

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Getting to watch your new anime can be trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Laughing that the demons are coming around to her methods, at least when it benefits them.